“Stunning house in stunning location!!!!”

LifeTime Private Retreats
Brisbane, Australia
“Stunning house in stunning location!!!!”
Reviewed July 8, 2010

First-timers to K I we had first two nights at the lighthouse cottage at Cape Du Couedic, then two nights at the Sky House. These accomm's were the two extremes we wanted...lighthouse cottage was basic and in the wild wind and rocky cape, Sky house was luxurious and surrounded by gentle green hills and a beautiful bay. The sky House was absolutely gorgeous, with it's morrocan decor and the huge arched windows which allowed for taking in the amazing scenery from every corner ..lounge chair, bed, bath....aaaahhhhhh!!!! The house was very well provisioned for self-catering. My hubby made meals which we ate on the deck in our winter woolies with wine in hand and kangaroos for company. The location is so beautiful and we were lucky to have magic weather, we wished we had booked a further night . I would recommend a stay of at least two nights at the Sky House for everyone visiting K I, it is pure magic!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sandra G

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
South Australia
Reviewed March 21, 2010

I'm a South Australian and have travelled to some of the most beautiful island destinations in the world; Fiji, Samoa, Borneo and many other beachfront locations including Australia's own north Queensland islands, but I have to say, I was truly amazed to find such a magnificent location sitting right on my doorstep. The Cliff house took my breath away the moment I walked in the door. Its strong Mediterranean, cool feel instantly threw me into relaxed holiday mode. The view from the lounge room is honestly one of the best I have ever encountered due to the blue/green waters below, the white sandy beach with your own private path, rustic natural surroundings and simply the sheer solitude it offers. And what can I say about the cliff face jacuzzi; a perfect beach view by day and a million stars at night. The talking point of the house itself for me was the bedroom tower, lying in bed in the morning and looking straight out to sea and hearing the waves with the window open at night and underneath that, the sunken pit complete with pillows, "shaggy" rug, TV and stereo system, both romantic and yet the kids will absolutely love it.
I highly recommend the cliff house. It is a unique experience right here in South Australia, you really don't need to head overseas.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
Germany
Reviewed March 5, 2010

The cliff house offers stunning views, is large but still cosy, has it own private little walkway to the beach.
Nick and team are perfect hosts, we were extremely well looked after.
Great and extremely tasty cooking and not to forget the saturday night "shearing feast dinner".
A very memorable part of our 6 1/2 week long Australia vacation.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Australia
Reviewed March 3, 2010

We have just come back to the 'real world' after a week-long honeymoon staying in the Sky House. There's not much more to say other than "perfect".

Driving into the area the house was visible sitting perched on top of a large hill with panoramic views. Once up the hill, it was breathtaking to see the view on offer. This view was a feature from all aspects of the house and only enhanced the decor and ambience of the place even more (if that was even possible).

Everything was so comfortable and all you could need, plus more, was easily on hand. The service recieved from Nick and Lisa was incomparable with any other - the personal touches on arrival we well appreciated, but the mouth-watering delivery meals were the highlight.

With so many attractions on the island it was hard to find the time to relax enough at the house! We did find plenty of time to spend at the beautiful beach below, unhindered by many people.

One down side to the stay - the wind was awfully loud (STRONG!) on a few nights. I'm sure if there was anything that could be done about that it would be done though!

We will certainly be back!

*as a side note: if staying at the Life-time houses, if possible you should take the time to have lunch at the Rockpool Cafe at nearby Stokes Bay. The food was awesome and the friendly service was unmatched.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Cold location
Reviewed February 27, 2010

We just returned from two weeks in Australia, and although I'm a bit jet-lagged, I didn't want to delay in posting my positive thoughts about LifeTime private retreats. As a bit of context, our trip included time in Sydney, Byron Bay, Kangaroo Island and Burrawang West Station at locations consistently rated as top hotels/resorts in Australia.

Our group included over a dozen family members, including grandparents, couples, young kids and singles. Our group included a couple professional chefs, owners of a restaurant and other foodies, all of whom have traveled the world. All of that sums up to a group with high expectations regarding service and food. LifeTime blew away our expectations and delivered an amazing experience.

We stayed in the Cliff and Stone houses. Each was unique in its own manner and provided amazing views. The Cliff house is located just above a majestic beach which is accessible by a private stairway. These were actually homes that were lived in by the owners when they were kids and you definitely feel the warmth. They owners tailored the experience for us. Whether it was a personalized CD playing in the house upon our arrival, yoga sessions overlooking the beach, offering babysitting services or adjusting excursions and schedules based on anticipated weather, the owners went our of their way to make sure we had every personal touch possible. We had dinner in the Sheering Shed, and while it's hard to describe, imagine the original facade, cleaned to allow for relaxation and comfort and filled with unique mementos from the owner's past. The experience was made even more amazing as our walk up to the Shed was watched by several kangaroos who were walking in the fields. While nothing that LifeTime could officially control, they did schedule the event at the Shed in the evening, knowing it would be more likely that the kangaroos would be out at that time.

Now to the food...as our family talked about all of the food we had on the trip we unanimously agreed that the food at LifeTime was the best - both from a freshness and a variety perspective. Whether it was the fresh fruit and breads at breakfast, the hand-picked figs from the fig tree undernneath which we at lunch, or sashimi and fish tacos from the day's deep sea fishing adventure, our group of foodies was consistently blown away. As I mentioned above, our group also included several young kids (3 yrs, 2 yrs and 7 months) and LifeTime went out of their way to prepare special dishes and food for them on a daily basis. It was largely based on the food the adults ate, so everyone feasted well.

As a note, while we were traveling as a big family and with kids, this would also be an amazing place for couples looking for a romantic getaway. Either of the houses we stay in or their third house (the Sky House) would provide a fantastically romantic setting.

I could keep writing, but I know that folks reach a limit when reading. Therefore, I'll wrap things up here. In summary, this place is awesome.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Thanks.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
UK
Reviewed November 28, 2009

We had the pleasure of spending three nights in the Sky House as part of our honeymoon and we couldn't have made a better choice. The accommodation is breathtaking and totally blew my mind, there are so many treats and surprises (not going to detail them here as wouldn't like to spoil it for anyone else) but trust me this is a magnificent place.

Very secluded and romantic everything you'd expect for a honeymoon - I adored the Sky House.

Lisa and Nick (the hosts) are awesome and nothing is too much trouble.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
sydney
Reviewed November 26, 2009

beautiful home with great views , very romantic , very private .

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple