“Soft Adventure in Style”

Kangaroo Island Wilderness Tours
Ranked #8 of 18 Tours in Kangaroo Island
Reviewed October 18, 2013

This was just a fantastic naturaliste tour of Kangaroo Island with newly made friends on a short break Kirkhope Aviation Outback Air Tour made all the more memorable by our simply amazing tour guides Peter & Speedy.

Transported around in a convoy of 2 new Land Ranger Discoveries we really enjoyed this unique eco-tour discovering the sights, sounds, and really enjoying gourmet meals on the run in some secluded places with all the trimmings including fancy lace tablecloths!! Not what I expected for a soft adventure tour but part of the sizzle go go with the expertly cooked steaks. Hats of to the cooks!!

So much to see and do over the 2 day tour but well worth the effort of flying to Kangaroo Island.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

We only had one day on Kangaroo Island and I'm so thankful that we chose to spend it on this tour. It's more expensive than the big bus tours but well worth the additional spend. You receive a personalized tour from a local who is extremely knowledgeable about the island and about where to go for the best views. We saw every form of wildlife we had hoped to see and Stephen was a fantastic guide. Would have loved to had an additional day on the island but if I were to go again I would absolutely book this tour again.

1  Thank Matt G
Reviewed July 28, 2013

What a brilliant place to go and view nature virtually undisturbed, from the seal lions and New Zealand fur seals to the wonderful rock formations.The remarkable rocks has to be seen to be believed, few words could adequately describe these formations. If you are going down there from Adelaide then prepare for a very long day but one worth doing.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

This was the most beautiful day on Kangaroo Island for me! The tour with KIWR was absolutely fantastic. In such a short time I saw most of the animals and birds of the island and all the great sites. Bill, our tour driver and guide, made this possible and I am so grateful to him. He also was an excellent cook. I will never forget the steaks he made in the wilderness!! Thank you, Bill!
And that you came to fetch me at my retreat was a very nice gesture.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

We took a private day tour and were not disappointed. We were met at the airport and driven to Seal Bay, with fabulous commentary from our driver who was local and knew everything about the island's history, flora and fauna. We then went on to Vivonne Bay, where we were served freshly brewed coffee and home made biscuits, on the jetty into a perfect turquoise bay. During the rest of our day tour we spotted our first kangaroos in the wild, and learned how to spot koalas dozing in the sunshine half way up the gum trees. Our wonderful lunch was served with a selection of local wines and beer, but our highlight was probably getting out of the jeep at one end of the beach, walking back through the water gently lapping on to the white sands, and being met at the other end with a cold beer - absolute bliss :-) What an amazing way to really see the wildlife of Australia whilst being pampered