“Magnificent Marron”

Marron Cafe
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A Unique 3 in 1 experience - Not to be missed by locals or visitors! Come in and sample some of our well-known Two Wheeler Creek wines, whilst having a look around our Marron tanks. A friendly staff member will have a chat to you about the Marron Farm, and answer any questions you may have. We grow Native Australian Lemon and Aniseed Myrtle which we have created some beautiful Bush Tucker sauces out of. All made here in the Cafe. A bit hungry? - Head on into the Marron Cafe where there a several lavish options with Hot or Cold Marron, as well as other scrumptious meals. Enjoy a glass or bottle of our Two wheeler Creek wine. Kids Menu Available. All meals are oven baked... No deep fried food!
Moscow, Idaho
“Magnificent Marron”
Reviewed May 5, 2014

A recommendation from a friend spurred us to search for this little restaurant way out in the bush of Kangaroo Island but we are so glad we made the effort. It was absolutely the best seafood meal I've ever had. My husband and I shared the seafood platter (it's more than enough for 2). The presentation was gorgeous and the selection delicious. 'Good value for your money' as they say down there. Everything was fresh and fabulous!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank LisaCarlson

• Thai first
London, United Kingdom
“A Unique Find”
Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

We headed here on a rainy day looking for a good meal and some warmth and we found the good food but not the warmth. The restaurant is quite literally situated in a tin shed, though a clean one with a nice view. 2 people in our group ordered the lime and chili marron, one the marranara, and I the chili prawns. We all enjoyed our meals though it was a bit pricey for what and where it was offered. I realize finding good food establishments on the island is difficult but prices were still a bit high. My prawns and the sauce they were in were fresh and packed with flavor. We opted for a piece of carrot cake for dessert and for $8 that was definitely a bit much. Service was great and though worth it just bring enough money and a warm jacket. Also the road to get there is a bit of a rough ride!

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Tasha H
Western Australia, Australia
“A must visit restaurant when on KI”
Reviewed April 30, 2014

Marron Cafe is on a farm on Kangaroo Island and well deserves its popularity. It was my wife and I's first visit. She had the Chilli and Lime Marron (photo attached), and I the Marron-ara. My was excellent, and my wife's was superb. She rated it as one of the best meals she has ever had. I will be ordering that one next time I am on KI (Kangaroo Island). The ambience is nice, the service simple but delightful and the food is presented beautifully. We had a bottle of their 2013 Sav Blanc and it was a very nice drop. It was fantastic with the meal. We did have a little entrée of their ciabatta bread with ???? cheese and chilli/honey dressing. It was yum, but could have been better with a little more pep and flavour - perhaps a dash of ginger for starters.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Wayne S
Melbourne, Australia
“Excellent seafood platters”
Reviewed April 30, 2014

Funky little spot that's worth the drive. We shared the marron platter and it was amazing. Hot and cold marron, salad, scallops, prawns, bread, and fruit, a great treat with some decent wine. Call ahead for a booking and make sure you don't arrive when the tour groups do.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank MaybeinOz
Adelaide, Australia
“Tasty sea creatures abound”
Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

Delicious and a unique KI experience. Very reasonably priced for what is effectively a lobster dinner. I would recommend the lime and chilli marron, which was perfectly cooked with not too much spice to let the flavour of the marron shine through. The steak is also incredible, and the sweets delicious. Probably best to visit for lunch given dinner time visits may mean driving some distance on unsealed roads in darkness back to Kingscote and a less than pleasant meeting between your car and some native wildlife. A lovely setting for a lovely lunch. Best wishes to the poor marron in the Marron Hospital tank :)

1 Thank RustyNails85