“Fresh and tasty”

Marron Cafe
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A Unique 3 in 1 experience - Not to be missed by locals or visitors! Come in and sample some of our well-known Two Wheeler Creek wines, whilst having a look around our Marron tanks. A friendly staff member will have a chat to you about the Marron Farm, and answer any questions you may have. We grow Native Australian Lemon and Aniseed Myrtle which we have created some beautiful Bush Tucker sauces out of. All made here in the Cafe. A bit hungry? - Head on into the Marron Cafe where there a several lavish options with Hot or Cold Marron, as well as other scrumptious meals. Enjoy a glass or bottle of our Two wheeler Creek wine. Kids Menu Available. All meals are oven baked... No deep fried food!
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We went yesterday and all had the platter with Marron , fresh fruit etc . Very tasty and the restaurant was pretty informal and low key .... Great for lunch time ! Prices were ok but would recommend you book if a large party as they nearly couldn't accommodate the 11 of us . Great to be able to see the creatures fresh too

There are newer reviews for Marron Cafe

Reviewed December 30, 2012

We just had the most wonderfully delicious meal in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. I had the honey soy and chilli marron with jasmine rice - loved it. My husband had the Marron salad entree and the rib eye with prosciutto wrapped asparagus and sweet potato. He also loved his meal. The kids were happy with their vegetable spring rolls and chips and I thought it was lovely when the lady offered them colouring pages and crayons. For dessert I had the best pecan pie I've ever tasted and my husband thoroughly enjoyed the cheesecake with berries.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

If all you want is try marron, then OK. It's fresh. But the restaurant? To start, we had a 45 minute wait in an almost deserted room. Then the food arrived. For $38 it was a pretty small helping. The marron - one and a half small ones, not many mouthfuls. Served with a mound of overcooked, waterlogged rice and pickled vegetables so sour they almost took the skin off. Oh yes - there was also one green salad leaf. We also had the pasta. Filling, but then pasta and cream are filling. The marron was largely swamped by it. There was little effort to make the restaurant anything more than a large cafe - cheap menus, signs on the table advertising coke (this is a place selling its own wines!), poor table service. All in all, we would have been much better off buying elsewhere.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

I know Marron arn't Seafood, but I don't know how better to describe it :) It is a platter for 2 and it is very generous, my wife and I were very comntented after it. Plenty of variety, but the Maron was the highlight, absolutely sold on them now. It was loovely to be able to go to the next door and try the wines to decide on which to have with the food. The staff were very helpful and friendly, this is not a fine dinning silver service retaurant. The staff are just good friendly Island people, eager to please and make sure you enjoy your visit, but the food is worthly of any 5 star restaurant. Would be a definite on my schedule next time I visit the Island.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

I don't eat seafood so I was nervous when my family wanted to go to the Marron Cafe. The chicken and haloumi salad is absolutely delicious and the rest of my family enjoyed their meals just as much. This isn't the easiest restaurant to get to, but it's worth the trip if you're on Kangaroo Island. The prices were reasonable and there was something on the menu for everyone (vegans included!).