“A wonderful shop with amazing owners!”
Review of Opalios

Opalios
Ranked #1 of 3 Shopping in Coober Pedy
More attraction details
Owner description: Opalios has been mining in the Coober Pedy opal fields since 1973 and is still mining today. It is a family business that cuts all its own opal and creates its own jewellery on site.We have an experienced opal miner, expert opal cutter, and jeweller on site, and all our opal is cut to the finest standard. All opals and jewellery come with a written certificate, guaranteeing quality, value, and craftsmanship.Come and see Andrew, Stella and George for the best value opals.
Reviewed June 5, 2014

We visited Opalios late in the evening on our final day of our trip. George and Stella were both extremely welcoming, kind and insightful! We talked for a long time about their families history in Coober Pedy, how the jewellery was designed and made, and about the fossilised opals they have on display. I really really enjoyed the shop, and know that I will be picking up a charm for my Pandora bracelet from these wonderful artisans!

Reviewed January 13, 2014

Very cool. Family owned and operated mine and shop. There still out there looking! Awesome greek lady runs the place, really friendly and really talkative!

Reviewed January 12, 2014

My husband and I recently went to Coober Pedy and my husband liked the look of this opal shop so in we went. I ended up buying 3 opal pendants while I was there. There was such a nice family atmosphere there and after hearing their story I was so glad that this is the shop I decided to buy my opals from. If we are ever lucky enough to visit Coober Pedy again I will be going to Opalios to buy more opals. I highly recommend this shop.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

It was recommended by several locals that this is where I could find opal and feel confident about what I was getting and the price and also support local family. I was in Coober Pedy 4 days and visited their "Oplios" shop everyday. I was never pressured into buying anything but was instead greeted with warmth and friendliness. I enjoyed my time chatting with George and Stella and did end up making a couple purchases here. Besides my purchases I also came home with many gifts they gave me. Once back in the USA, everyone compliments me on my beautiful opals. I feel I now have new friends in Coober Pedy. Thank you!

Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

Went to a few other shops in Coober Pedy in search for an opal ring. Arrived at Opalios and was instantly welcomed by a really friendly guy. He was super helpful and pulled out all the rings for me to look through. I am super indecisive, but he helped me narrow down the search while providing a little lesson on the stones and where they are from. I found the perfect ring, and at an amazing price. Not only was he very helpful, but generous as well. He gave us a few extra souvenirs to take home for good luck. If your in Coober Pedy, Opalios is the best service and selection, and family run too!!