“Our family had an enjoyable lunch”

John's Pizza Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 12 Restaurants in Coober Pedy
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: John's Pizza Bar and Restaurant is a multi award winning establishment, which is a licensed, café - style, al-fresco restaurant located in the outback South Australian Town of Coober Pedy, which specializes in providing locals and visitors alike with high quality, affordable, dining and service.
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Really good pizza. Good location and parking. Good selection on menu. Space ship across the street. Very attentive service.

There are newer reviews for John's Pizza Bar & Restaurant

Reviewed March 13, 2013

Over-rated.

This place has a load of awards and it's difficult to understand how from my experience there. Our food was edible, but bland and boring. No better than local pub food, maybe worse. So why so many awards and rave reviews? Is it because there is no competition for hundreds of kilometres. You don't have much choice but to eat around here. The atmosphere was uncharming, the lighting fluorescent, dated decore and unmemorable service and mediocre wine. I'd be happy living the rest of my life never eating at the establishment again.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

We stayed in Coober Pedy for one night and ate two meals out. Both were at John's. The food was great. Lunch on the day that we left town I decided to order the shrimp scampi pizza. OMG, it was to die for. This place has great service and great food. Why go anywhere else?

Reviewed March 2, 2013

I love coober pedy, i had this pizza on my second visit i didn't think it'd be great but it was actually quite delicious and that is a huge compliment considering I'm not even a big pizza fan

Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

After a hard hot day of photography it was wonderful to get out of the elements in a nice clean air conditioned diner..thought I'd try their in house Johns Special pizza and it was delish.. You could tell by the taste factor that even the pizza base was made here.. I'll be telling my friends about you guys..Keep up the great service :-)