“Painted Desert day trip”
Review of ANDO Tours

ANDO Tours
Ranked #4 of 7 Tours in Coober Pedy
More attraction details
Owner description: ANDO Tours is owned and operated by the Underground Bed and Breakfast in Coober Pedy.We have a luxury 4WD vehicle that seats a maximum of 6 people, that way we can give you a highly personalised tour experience that will leave you amazed. We have decades of experience living and mining in Coober Pedy that we are proud to share with you. We do a half day tour of opal mines, Breakaways, Moon Plain and Dog Fence.
Reviewed June 22, 2012

What a great day out with Ken. The tour was well organised, informative including a lot of local knowledge of the surrounding country and cattle stations near the Painted Desert. The walk in the hills at the Painted Desert was truly spectacular and unique. We visited Kens B & B after the tour and were very impressed. Thanks Ken

1  Thank Cathryn S

Reviewed June 9, 2012

What a fantastic day out we had Ken has a vast knowledge of the area and knows nearly everybody alone the track his great humor food and photographic skills leave nothing to the imagination in fact we even thought he was the local park ranger we could highly recommend this tour for its content and value

Wayne

Reviewed June 7, 2012

Ken is a natural at appealing to all tastes. Ken collected us from our motel and drove skillfully to the painted dessert. Four of the five travellors had visted previously under our own steam. We were had a great day and having a local describe the beautiful country enroute was a pleasure. We were fed and watered very well. A visit to the families underground b&b made us dissapointed we hadn't booked with them.
Good value we thought.

Reviewed May 5, 2012

Thank you Ken for a great tour. We got to see some beautiful sights, learnt a lot of information and got to have your delicious lunch as well. The tour made our trip to Coober Pedy so much more interesting.

See more reviews
Reviewed April 22, 2012

I wasn't lucky enough to be able to stay with Ken and Ana (they were full) but I was able to have a look at the B and B. It was wonderful, all the mod cons and so beautifully presented, it would have been great to be able to stay there.

However, even though I wasn't able to stay at the Underground B and B I did get to experience a wonderful couple of days out and about in Coober Pedy, Lake Eyre, The Painted Desert and Oonadatta with Ken. He operates Ando Tours and was able to take me out and about to the places that I wanted to see and he told me alot about each place.

I spent an evening with Ken and Ana and the guests that were staying at the B and B and they were fabulous company and great hosts - and I really do believe that they sell the best Opals in town, operate a great tour company and provide luxury accommodation

I will be recommending the Underground B and B to my parents when they start there grey nomad tour next year

Thanks Ken and Ana!!