“A gem in the heart of Australia”
Review of Tom & Mary's Greek Taverna - CLOSED

Tom & Mary's Greek Taverna
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We travel from Alice Springs to Adelaide at least once a year and always stop here for a meal. The food is consistently good and this time was no exception. The Saganaki Prawns were delicious. I meant to ask where they source them from, plump and delicious. I had the lamb chops as a main; my partner had the Mexican Steak. Both were excellent. The service was attentive and friendly. I cannot fault this place and thoroughly recommend it to travellers.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

We were advised by a local couple to have dinner at this Greek Taverna. We were not let down as we dined on the most delicious lamb & chicken souvlak. We couldn't fault the servic or the meal. An enjoyable night!!!

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Warm atmosphere and wonderful food. We got the suggestion from our hosts at the Underground B&B and were not disappointed! The menu had great variety and both the adults and kids all enjoyed the meal. Desserts were huge and quite decadent :-)

Reviewed February 22, 2013

Good service and good size meals. Tried something different for me and was pleasantly surprised. The waitress eased my fears and suggested a great meal to try which I thoroughly enjoyed.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

We were told this place was one of the best in Coober Pedy, but I must admit my hopes weren't really high. But I am pleased to say the food was very good. The Saganaki prawns were excellent, as was the lamb souvlaki and also the chicken souvlaki. Really enjoyable night out. Thanks.