“Love this place!”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 14, 2013

I'm so happy Adelaide has a place like this! Tasty, fresh, healthy, cheap....amazing! I absolutely love the cold spicy noodles here. The service is very fast and really friendly. This is also a great spot to grab dinner solo, you can see plenty of other people doing just the same so you won't feel strange haha. I just wish it was open for dinner more often!

1  Thank Amelia S

Reviewed March 29, 2013

so, the place is great but it is only open for lunch, except for the weekends.
the atmosphere is extremely calm and tranquil, you can sit at your table and enjoy some privacy, since you are not too close to other tables, which is really good. you order your food and your tea with the order sheet and they deliver it to you quite fast. the food is really tasty, and there are so many teas you want to try them all. i personally recommend the grapes tea or the honey tea, and i suggest to have them cold.

2  Thank GiuliaGattoMannaro
Reviewed November 28, 2012

I have just been to the Thea Tea Shop in Gawler Place in the heart of the City of Adelaide with a couple of friends for lunch and was pleasantly surprised. The tranquil atmosphere and elegant table settings blended well with the tasty Taiwanese- and Vietnamese-influenced genuine (with no meat stock) vegetarian dishes. I ordered the deep-fried basil nuggets, a spicy, deliciously cruchy appetiser, followed by the vegetarian curry laksa which was also a pleasing affair. This was washed down with a glass of the apple snow bubble drink. I will definitely be returning to this delightful lunch-time oasis over the summer.

Reviewed June 4, 2012

Ate here on a Thursday, so was able to have the Thai curry laksa, a special. It was PERFECT for a cold, wet day -- spicy enough to be warming, with delicious broth and two kinds of noodles. I absolutely the crispy bits -- fried shallots? -- on top. Also had the hot lemon green tea, which was just short of tasting like LemSips, but again, warming and delicious. Wish they were open for dinner -- I would have gone back at least once!

2  Thank NoRestForTheWeary
Reviewed May 26, 2012

Thea Tea Shop, is an Asian restaurant located along Gawler Place in the city centre.
This place is great for vegans and vegetarians.
I'm not a vegan nor a vegetarian and neither is my daughter but it really is a great place for a meal and we go there frequently. My daughter enjoys the cold noodles and I like to try a different dish every time.
They have an extensive list of hot and cold teas. Unfortunately, the tea menu is the only thing I have bad luck with. I have not as yet found a tea that I like and my daughter, who is lactose intolerant, cannot have any of the milky teas as they do not offer a milk alternative such as soy or rice milk. But this is all a minor detail.

There is rather odd ordering system too. You tick what you want from a paper menu located on the table and then you take it up to the counter and pay so make sure you sit at the table you take your menu from.

To summarise the place is worth going to. We like it.

3  Thank komsAustralia