“Great food, great staff, great atmosphere, great value”
Review of Tongue Thai'd

Tongue Thai'd
Ranked #576 of 1,705 Restaurants in Adelaide
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 20, 2014

Back last night for my 3rd trip to Tongue Thai'd (I like the name - quirky, but a great play on words) over the past few months. I'm finding it really hard to fault this place. Great food, great value for money. I like that the food is not an overly westernised version of Thai (ok, it's not like being in Thailand unfortunately). Authentic enough for suburban Adelaide. I have always found the staff to be great. I need to eat gluten free, and I find the staff very helpful and attentive to that, but with no loss of food quality. The laksa with rice noodles is great, as is the Red Duck Curry. Each time I have been my eating companions have been more than satisfied with the quantity and quality of the food. I can reccommend.

Reviewed April 29, 2014

We dined with another couple (our second time their first). The place is easy to get to and park at being just outside the CBD - could even take a bus if you can work out our public transport system after peak hour.

Originally we were seated in the rear section which was nice and cosy but we asked to be relocated to the front as the lighting was too dim for our ageing eyesight. No problem with that request.

We had the mixed entree platter for 4, curry puffs, spring rolls, chicken wings & I forget the 4th item. All good.

We the shared 4 main dishes, red duck curry, soft shell crab, a chicken & rice dish and the place's signature dish the crispy eggplant. We loved them all.

Having been to Thailand few times ( the most recent visit was 3 mths ago) we can vouch for the authenticity of the dishes. (I wish they also used Thai prices !)
All washed down with a couple of bots of a Clare Valley Riesling.

Service was fine, they left a good break between courses and attended to water etch as required.

It came to just under $200 all up for a most satisfying evening out.

Reviewed April 10, 2014

Went there before a show. Eight of us. 2 people needed to eat gluten free. No problems was the answer. We all ordered and food came out at very different times so we all didn't eat together. Compounded by fact that the two gluten free meals came out with noodles that were not gluten free so had to be sent back. Finally arrived and were ok but these two were eating on their own. My stir fried pork really average. On the whole, food in our stomach before the show but wouldn't go back I'm afraid. A shame because the front of house welcome was so warm and inviting.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

This restaurant has a lovely, calm ambience. The staff were exceptionally friendly, the food fresh and beautifully cooked with plenty of vegetarian options. All for very little money! One of the best and nicest Thai restaurants I've eaten at. Thank you!

Reviewed February 6, 2014

Highly recommend this restaurant. We lived in Thailand for a year so are harsh critics of any Thai cuisine outside of Thailand and this was our best experience by far. Great service , excellent food and definitely value for money

1  Thank FionaHynd