Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM

from $27.02
from $82.46
from $89.39
More Info
All reviews cleland wildlife park henley beach bike tour great tour amazing experience wine tasting koalas glenelg route winery
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was the most affordable and convenient option for transport to Mount Lofty besides hiring a car that I could find. I was the only person booked on a Monday morning. Shavojn was prompt, pleasant and informative. The 7.8km return hike is moderately challenging since it is uphill (from approx. 300m to 700m at the summit in elevation). The challenge was well worth the opportunity to see wildflowers in bloom - orchids, ericas, Epacris, wattles, pea flowers, Pomaderris, carnivorus Drosera, etc. I highly recommend this making trip if your are short on time but still want to have a poke around Cleland NP. Thanks again, Shavojn.

Date of experience: September 2019
1  Thank sylviaplant
pureSAworld, Owner at pureSA, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi Sylvia

Spring most certainly is a wonderful time to visit Cleland National Park and hike the Mount Lofty trail!
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review and we hope to see you next time you visit.

Shavojn.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Certainly, the visit was made much more pleasant and easier under the expert guidance of Shavojn who is so very passionate and knowledgeable about the flora and fauna in Adelaide.Mike is also an extraordinary person who made the visit feel very much personalised and warm.Thankful to meet the great people working in pureSA!

Date of experience: September 2019
1  Thank GabrielDing
pureSAworld, Owner at pureSA, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi Gabriel

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your review. We are so thrilled you had such a positive experience and it was a pleasure to have you as a guest on tour with us. We hope that when you next visit Adelaide we will see you again.

Shavojn and Mike

Reviewed August 20, 2019 via mobile

Mike was really friendly and helpful. A really enjoyable trip and really quick email correspondence and confirmation. I would 100% recommend to use pureSA!

pureSAworld, Owner at pureSA, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2019

Hi kbacon, thank you for taking the time to write a review. So pleased you enjoyed your day and wish you good luck with your travels around Australia. Watch out for those huntsman spiders!
Kind Regards, Mike

Reviewed July 13, 2019 via mobile

I booked this tour for myself and my sister as I had always wanted to see the cuttlefish. Our greatest fear was the prospect of feeling so cold that we'd leap straight out again without giving the cuttlefish a second glance. Well we got good weather, despite the gloomy forecast, and once we were in we forgot all about the cold, so engrossed were we in stalking cuttlefish. My camera battery died after one shot, so I'm looking forward to seeing the shots that other people took.
The journey to Whyalla was broken by a bracing walk into Alligator Gorge at Mt Remarkable.
Our hotel at Whyalla overlooks the seafront so we had time for an evening stroll next to gently lapping waters. Dinner was first class and so was the talk we were given by Carl, our expert guide. We had an extra early start the next morning in case the weather changed.
Everyone got kitted out on the rocks but there were two large toilets/changing rooms that gave us ladies a bit of privacy. Then a quick talk about safety procedures, a final adjustment of kit, and we were in among the cuttlefish, having a truly David Attenborough experience.
All too soon it was time to come out, struggle out of our wetsuits and let the sunshine warm us up. We were very ready for the delicious hot food that greeted us at the Arid Lands botanic gardens restaurant, then we dozed most of the way home, pausing at Clare just as the weather finally turned on us.
Having had such a perfect trip this time, my sister and I expressed opposite opinions: she doesn't want to do it again, as it surpassed her expectations and she'll have perfect memories. For myself, I now know how to organise a self-catering experience, and I can't wait to get back next year and do it all again. But I'm not telling too many people what a wonderful thing it is to swim with cuttlefish: the extra special thing about this trip was the fact that very few other people were there in the water with us, so I didn't feel crowded - even though I was surrounded in every direction by thousands of cuttlefish!

Date of experience: July 2019
pureSAworld, Owner at pureSA, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2019

Hi Julia

Thank you so much for your kind words. We are SO glad that you and your sister had such a wonderful experience.It truly is such a unique and amazing wildlife encounter and I agree with the David Attenborough reference! We are so pleased that you want to come back and maybe you can even join our self-drive group next year!

We look forward to seeing you again.

Shavojn & Mike

Reviewed July 1, 2019

We were in Adelaide for five days and really wanted to do the walk up to Mount Lofty. After searching the internet we found this self-guided walk and it was exactly what needed - someone to pick us up and take us to the beginning of the walk, tell us what to do, and then be there at the end to pick us up. Was great decision - walk is great - couple of steep places but just take your time. The views are worth it - as is the cup of coffee at the top from the café! Thanks for a great morning out!

Date of experience: June 2019
1  Thank capitaljules
pureSAworld, Owner at pureSA, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2019

Thank you for your review!
We are so glad you enjoyed your hike and we agree that the views are definitely worth the effort. We hope you had a great trip and look forward to seeing you again when you next visit Adelaide.

Shavojn.