“Funky and relaxed, great anytime of day”
Review of Ballaboosta

Ballaboosta
Ranked #44 of 1,837 Restaurants in Adelaide
Reviewed August 7, 2018

I really like Ballaboosta - it's a buzzy, relaxed restaurant/cafe with great outdoor seating, good staff and yummy food. I have been for breakfast and lunch, but never dinner - but I imagine it would be equally as good in the evening. I can in fact see it being really easy to extend a lunch into the twilight actually...

The location is also super convenient for a walk down to the Victoria Racetrack - or up - and I like the atmosphere on a sunny Sunday morning, perfect spot to read the papers.

Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

We visited yesterday.. a cosy retreat from the wet, rainy day. This is our 3rd visit and we tried the breakfast fare. Partner loved the omelette and the sausage breakfast was light and tasty. Coffee was delicious and service was friendly.
Please consider actively promoting #strawsnomore by not providing black, plastic single use straws and instead using paper, pasta or no straws at all.

Reviewed August 4, 2018 via mobile

On a weekend break from Sydney, we’ve just had the best meal in along long time. There was not one thing that I could fault.
Service was friendly, wine lovely, bread, dips, meats on point, hell even the salad was the best I’ve ever had.
Homemade cheesecake for desert was the perfect way to finish.
This place will be the first port of call should we return to Adelaide

Reviewed June 23, 2018 via mobile

Had a delicious breakfast- Mediterranean style. Lots of selection and the flat bread made a delicious alternative to toast or sourdough. Coffee is smooth and mild. Service is great. Very busy on a Sunday morning so booking before would help.

Reviewed June 4, 2018

I had never heard of this place but my sister requested it for a birthday lunch as she is vegetarian. I booked a week in advance and not knowing the weather, asked for an indoor table.
The place is tiny. It actually looks like someone's opened garage. We were seated right next to the "kitchen" area so it was extremely busy with the serving bell going off constantly. As it was Sunday lunch the place was packed, and my sister said it had been on the two previous occasions she had been there. So obviously booking is required. If the weather is not raining, then ask for an outdoor table.
The alcohol menu is only wine, and it is very limited, but hey, one good bottle is usually enough.'
The food is lovely. A mixture of Lebanese/Greek foods, and also pizza. Again, a little limited, but enough to please most tastes if that is the type of food you prefer.
There was chicken, lamb and lots of vegetarian.
They also do nice coffee and there was a good selection of cakes. We made this dessert, although there were some desserts on offer.
Apart from the placement of our table, the service staff seemed a little rushed. This combined with little eye contact and virtually no speaking I wasn't sure if my requests had been heard and understood. They need to slow down just a little and be a little more personable and attentive. This type of food is readily available as takeaway and pop up stands. So if they want returning clientele, they need to concentrate on making it a welcoming place to be as its not 5-star, silver service, special occasion dining.
But I can see us visiting again. Perhaps they might think about doing some big platters of falafel, hommous, pita bread, olives etc. like the old 'Phoenician" restaurant used to do. Part of the joy of this type of vegetarian meal is a big plate, a piece of pita bread and the ability to keep grazing, talking and sharing wine in a homey atmosphere.

1  Thank Gessf