“Vegetarian nightmare”

Cuisines: Korean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Take in mind, I am not strictly vegetarian- I do eat chicken. The price was average for an all-you-can eat place. The service was bare minimal and while we were cooking on the hot plate a waitress tried to take the plate away with our food still sizzling on it. I dined with my brother who will eat anything that is available. He bought many different meats to the table, and they were impressive. The chicken looked a bit dodgy so I opted for vego instead. They had a spicy Kim chi(?) 'salad' which I decided to try warm- was nice. They had another 'salad' with carrot, cucumber and something that I had never seen before. I decided to cook the unusual looking 'salad thing', maybe it was tofu. I tried it and it tasted strange. I asked a waitress what it was and she replied "pig ear". I asked her again just to double check, and she said it again. Gross. My appetite was gone. Other than the non vegetarian salad they had corn kernels, salad leaves and cucumber, along with other tinned veg's. Left hungry, disappointing dinner, would not recommend to anyone that likes a bit of veg with their meat.

1  Thank madiimoo

Reviewed June 9, 2012

This place was too crowded which meant you had to wait all the time for the food to be filled so you could get some to cook. The meat was not good. Lots of muscle cuts and fat. To much protein for me as the salads/other "foods" to eat with the meat were unappetising or old looking. The rice was cold as was the other nibbles they put in the bain maries. I dont go Korean to eat hot chips. If you are hungry and want to eat and run dont bother but if you want to eat slow and time is no limit , then give it a go. Desert was a 4 litre tub of ice cream in a freezer which all the little kids seem to be in with their hands..yuk. the only positive thing is the staff are quick to clean up and get drinks. We wont go back. Cheap and nasty but being a chef myself I expect cleanliness and good fresh food

1  Thank Donna D
Reviewed October 31, 2011

We tried this on a whim because we were intrigued by the idea of cooking at the table. The hostess outside the restaurant explained how there would be so many raw food options to choose from to cook. However, it was so busy that the buffet items were rarely refilled except the cheapest options like chicken. Also, it was hard to get any kind of even heat on our grill, so, much of our food ended up burnt in order to try to make sure that it was fully cooked.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed September 29, 2009

Your average all-you-can-eat Korean BBQ joint. Your mileage varies depending on how hungry you are.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed June 19, 2009

Good value for buffet people. Meats and seafood reasonably fresh. Tends to become quite smoky though, due to mediocre ventilation.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook