“Average Mexican” 3 of 5 bubbles

Zapata's Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #166 of 1,609 Restaurants in Adelaide
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Average Mexican”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2014 via mobile

Came here for dinner on our first night in Adelaide, busy restaurant , nice cocktails and average food . Quite surprised at the rave reviews as "the best Mexican " as apart from the attentive staff there was nothing special about this place.

Visited January 2014

London
“Great Mexican”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014

I ate the El Bandido which was huge, and it tasted really good, the Margaritas where also good. Service was good, and there was quite a few Mexican beers to choose from too.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
australia
“Best Mexican in Adelaide”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

I have been to Mexico and Zapatas is definitely the closest to being the most authentic Mexican restaurant in Adelaide. The fajitas are my personal fav, and the meal is the same every time we return!

1 Thank flippa
Canberra, Australia
“Fabulous margaritas, fun atmosphere and a great place to relax”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

My parents babysat for the night so my husband and I made a beeline for this place. We love Mexican food and were keen to get out and relax.
We arrived a little earlier than we'd booked and the helpful concierge still fitted us in to their busy restaurant. The place was full of couples, groups and families and felt like a fun place to relax.
We had to ask for the drinks menu but when we ordered margaritas (me) and beer (hubby) they arrived quickly. The margaritas were perfect - not too sour and not too sweet either.
We shared nachos for entree and fajitas for main, and couldn't eat it all. The food was fresh and tasty. I'd just have ordered a salad with it next time around.
We'd definitely go back. Would also recommend popping next door to the Elephant Walk Cafe for after dinner coffee and cake.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank jfay82
Adelaide, Australia
“Good but not for me !”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

Zapata's has been in North Adelaide for a long time now so something must be right. The restaurant & decor looks nice and the staff is also very friendly & helpful.
The food is not for me as it's way to heavy & stodgy. I wish it was a bit lighter and not so heavy - however it's Tex-Mex food and not Mexican. Saying that, the food is not bad at all - the Nachos were good and so was the frozen margaritas.

• Visited November 2013