“Not bad food. Need to learn customer service”
Review of The Stag Hotel

The Stag Hotel
Ranked #228 of 1,739 Restaurants in Adelaide
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Stag Hotel has played significant role in the livelihood of the East End from as far back as 1849! Today it operates as a stunningly renovated modern and chic hotel for the East End locals and foodies from all over town and interstate. Join us in our Bistro for a meal surrounded by loads of natural light and a fresh and open decor. Or why not make your way into our bar and grab one of the 19 different beers we have available on tap, not to mention the huge bottled variety we have. Have an event? Our private function rooms can cater for groups as small as 30 and up to 340 across our stunning top floor space. Fitted out with luxurious furniture and finished with rose gold detail, the Balcony bar is the perfect location for your engagement, 21st or corporate events. Why not contact our Functions Team today and inquire about your next event? Regardless of the reason for your visit, our warm and friendly staff await your arrival and we look forward to hosting you!
Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

The title says it all. The food our group had was nice but expensive for what it was. Maybe the best steak pub but if you want real meat I suggest an Argentinan Restaurant for same money. Service provided by the staff was not acceptable as we consistently ask for drinks instead of them coming to us. Summarize if you want charge premium price that is fine, but make sure the service, attitude and the food is such of that premium being charged.

Reviewed June 6, 2014

Visited for dinner on a Sunday night so it was quiet but still a few in. A great selection of steak on the menu and the ones we chose were fantastic, perfectly cooked and very tasty. Sacues were great additions to the steak Not the cheapest steak you will ever have, but well worth the price!

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Lunch time is amazing. Become a member and your steak is half price. So literally $16. Dinner is full price. They could do better with their chips, and the beer is a bit expensive but if you love steak.. this is the place !

Reviewed April 22, 2014

Great pub. The best steak I have ever had cooked perfect. Payed for it though around 42 bucks with chips and vegies. A beer cost me $8 which was expensive. Staff were great

Reviewed April 1, 2014

I paid $30+ dollars for a fillet steak and an extra $13 for bug sauce.I think that was one of the cheapest (and smallest steaks on the menu). For the size of the steak I feel I was paying restaurant prices, but in reality was in a fairly standard pub. The steak was very nice and cooked well, but the bugs were flavourless, all I could taste was the white wine and lemon of the sauce. A shame there wasn't a surf n turf on offer as a creamy seafood sauce over it would have been nice. Also, if you don't pay extra for sides all you get with your expensive steak is chips. I don't eat chips, so they were just a plate filler. The lunchtime menu for members offers half price steaks, and I think that is probably ok value for what we had, but I wont bother with a full priced meal again. We ate in the little lounge off the bar as the dining room felt a bit off limits ( we weren't offered a seat when we entered so I wasn't sure if it was a booking only system). Also, I was scared the meals might have been more expensive in there :-)