“Amazing Auge”
Review of Auge Ristorante - CLOSED

Auge Ristorante
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Australia
“Amazing Auge”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Had been to Auge a couple of years prior but was able to return due to purchasing a special deal for lunch. The food was modern Italian. My tasting platter was a work of art but also delicious with bite sized treats such as zucchini wrapped goats cheese .my steak was cooked perfectly and service was impeccable and friendly without being overbearing. I will definitely return soon.

• Visited July 2013

adelaide
“lovely food, funky feel,”
Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

Had a business lunch here and thought the food was great. Service was ok but they did look a bit rushed. Wine list was good with lots of nice Italian wine. Will be back. One downside is the bathrooms. Clean but ugly old school toilets. They need a revamp

Visited June 2013
“Very good but not the best I have tried”
Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

I went to this restaurant yesterday with my partner. On a Monday night after a long weekend, the restaurant was pretty quiet. We got seated at our table, the place is nice and well decorated, the only thing maybe was that we were pretty close to the next table. The service was very good, but the waiter was talking so fast when he described the day specials that we could barely understand what he was saying. Same later when another waiter brought the cheese, impossible to understand what he was saying.
My partner got a risotto as an entree and beef as a main. Both were excellent. I had a creamy mushroom dish as an entree. I was quite surprised as it was a kind of mushroom creme-brulee type dish and was served cold, I was expecting something hot and less...jelly, but it tasted pretty good. Then I had potatoes and a cheese platter as I am vegetarian and... Well I love cheese. It was very good but at the end I think the price was a bit high for what it was in my opinion. But still a very nice experience.

• Visited June 2013
Newcastle, Australia
“Outstanding food, not so good service”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

I arrived Friday night at 7:45pm(my booking was for 8pm) and was rushed to my table. We sat down and were introduced to our waiter for the night. We ordered some drinks including a bottle of still water. After the drinks were served by our waiter, we did not see him again we had another gentleman who came to the table 5 minutes after we sat down and told us that we had to order straight away due to another large group that was about to order. I said not a problem and ordered with him. He then came back and said that the main I wanted was not available.. I was not very happy but then chose another option(salmon), our entree's were to die for! We had the gnocchi with pulled pork and the pork cheek with raw scallops(highly recommend), though my main meal (salmon) left me feeling quite ill due to all the butter in the kale. Service was extremely lousy as my water glass was only filled once leaving the rest of my 1litre bottle full, my wine glass only filled twice and was left empty for most of the evening. Kudos to the chefs for fantastic food and the bartender for the amazing gin cocktail(that I had to walk to the bar to order, due to no service at table). I really hope that your service standards pick up for the next time I visit to enjoy the magnificent food.

• Visited May 2013
Plovdiv, Bulgaria
“Hard to fault”
Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

This was my 3rd time dining at Auge. I'd thoroughly enjoyed my prior dining experiences and was not disappointed this time. The food, wine and service were once again impeccable. The menu has a lot of wonderful dishes to choose from - the food is to die for and beautifully presented. The staff are extremely helpful and the service can't be faulted.
I would highly recommend Auge.

Visited May 2013