“Fast healthy lunch”

Ranked #608 of 1,603 Restaurants in Adelaide
Cuisines: Asian
“Fast healthy lunch”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Busy as anything at lunchtimes, but for good reason. This place does delicious Hainese Chicken Rice, the food is quick and very tasty.

Visited June 2012

“Great lunch spot”
Reviewed June 8, 2012 via mobile

Chinatown cafe is great for a quick lunch. The food is always good and fast. They have a high turnover of customers, so don't expect a long lazy meal because you will be encouraged (or told) to leave. Saying that, it's a great place to eat and enjoy the fast pace around you, and its good for take away too.

Adelaide, Australia
“Need to respect customers!”
Reviewed May 6, 2012

I had a friend who wanted to meet me at this cafe for lunch. With this place u need to order first before you can sit down and I was spoken to so rudely by one of the people who worked there. If she was polite and told me this I would have understood but she shouted at me and told me to get out or place an order. My friend was running late and then I went outside to wait and sat on an empty table and she followed me and continued to abuse me. I then told her politely that she needed to learn some manners and that I wouldn't be staying. So there's my experience. It doesn't take much to be polite and understand if some places have different service, but the customer service here was terrible. Didn't get to try the food - don't know if I will in future. It has left a sour taste in my mouth. Just be warned that you can't sit around and wait and have to order and quickly leave. It's not my kind of restaurant as I like to take my time.

• Visited April 2012
13 Thank AussieTraveljourno
Adelaide, Australia
“Good Solid Food - Super Busy at Lunch - Delicious Hainanese Chicken And Rice”
Reviewed January 29, 2012

The Hainanese Chicken And Rice with breast instead of thigh, a side of asian greens and Laksa broth over the rice is the reason I go to this cafe. The Hainanese Chicken And Rice comes standard in thigh but its only a dollar or so more for the breast meat, another dollar or so for the greens and same again for the Laksa I think. All in all its about $11.00, but that might include a drink, apologies if my numbers are off!

The food comes out hot, quickly and is delicious. However, the cafe itself is awfully busy, its not a leisurely meal and you often have to wait a while for a table. The waiting area is really non-existent and you are pushed up against the counter. When your number is called you get a table for as long as it takes you to eat and then you are out of there! There is virtually no chance to have a conversation because of the plethroa of people in the restaurant!

That said its located in busy China Town and the outdoor seating gives some of the best places to sit and watch the world go by. There is also a certain 'buzz' you can get eating in such a popular 'in and out' cafe.

I would reccomend it for someone looking for a fun, fast and affordable meal. Not so much for someone looking for a calm and inviting atmosphere.

• Visited November 2011
“Best food in the markets”
Reviewed August 4, 2011

If you're after a quick, flavorsome and cheap lunch or dinner you can't go passed Chinatown cafe.
The menu is broad with all the street hawker favorites and you can order and be eating your meal within 5 minutes.
The place is normally very busy so there's no time for lingering after you've finished but you're not there for the ambience just the great food.

1 Thank Mods29