“Dinner Superb / Brunch Even Better !”
Review of Cliche

Cliche
Ranked #37 of 1,889 Restaurants in Adelaide
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 23, 2018

This is a favorite dinner restaurant of our friends, my family and the executives in my company; the beef cheeks are an absolutely beautiful evening dish (especially with good Barossa wine). Recent renovations have changed the ambiance of the restaurant but the high quality meals remain especially if you enjoy duck confit.

However, on Sunday I was blown away by the quality of the breakfast menu. We had a large family group eat at Cliche Exhibition and we all we very impressed with our meals. A number of us enjoyed the Croque Madame which has been recently made famous by Callum Hann (Masterchef) when he did a TV segment on this restaurant. Equally, those that had the Bircher Muesli were seriously impressed by the beauty of the dish and it's taste. Don't be tricked by the size of the bowl; it is very filling. The teenagers loved the fluffy pancakes and were so engrossed in the consumption of them that they would not share ... even a small spoonful for their Auntie.

5  Thank Tim R

Reviewed July 20, 2018

We have been to Cliche twice before and enjoyed each visit. We went for my Birthday last night and, well, it left me cold.. both physically and relating to the food, Guys, turn up the heat a bit. My Wife and I were both cold even after eating. Now to the food. The entree, basically a seafood crepe was awesome as usual. The dessert, Le Globe I think,was beautiful and rich but not too sweet. Anytime a golden globe is bought to your table with hot caramel sauce to pour over it your spirits lift. Unfortunately though the main course was not so good. When was the last time you had BBQ prawns and they were gritty? And overcooked? Then there was the very unappealling grey vegetable served with the rice. Turned out to be Witloaf. We also ordered a side of vegies thinking we would get some nice carrots, potatos and some greens.. non!! We got broccolini, good, kale, nope, and warm cucumber... WTF? Warm cucumber? What have those vegetables got to do with French cuisine? So, to sum up, entree, 9/10 (tops of the crepe was dried out a bit), Main, 1/10 and dessert 10/10. Then we got hit with a bill of $177... ouch..

1  Thank Warren I
Reviewed July 15, 2018

When I was told that we were going to a French restaurant I was less than impressed but wow, Cliche is amazing.

The wait staff were very friendly; engaging and knowledgeable and attentive to our needs, so well done.

The food was faultless and plentiful, you'll leave both full and satisfied.

The 'Fillet De Boeuf' was one of the best meat dishes I've experienced and I can't wait to rebook.

Reviewed July 6, 2018 via mobile

Went there with family about 2 weeks ago, made dinner reservations slightly late for the weekend but staff were accommodating and prompt! Ambiance was great, food was paced perfectly and they offered really delicious fusion french cuisine!

Had the beef tartare, lobster crepes and the mussels to start. These were all great, very tasty and well portioned.

Next, we had the poisson, beef cheek, and duck confit. I was very surprised by the fish, it was very nicely done, perfectly cooked. The duck confit was also a favourite!

By the time we moved to dessert, we were quite stuffed but continued on, heading for the passionfruit sniffle, Tarte Fine and chocolate sphere. These were all very fun and ended the meal on a high note. Service was very attentive, professional and friendly throughout the night.

Fantastic place, will be back!

Reviewed July 2, 2018 via mobile

Had a lovely evening dining with family. Table service was quick. The food was very delicious and well presented and also very filling. The chef was able to suit everyone’s tastebuds as one of my family members needed a low salt meal which he provided. Warm,inviting, and friendly atmosphere. Cliche was recommended by my daughter and we will be back.