“Eggs Benedict to Die For !”
Review of The Store

The Store
Ranked #62 of 1,720 Restaurants in Adelaide
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Located within the brunching capital of Adelaide just on Melbourne Street, The Store is an oasis of delicious, mouth watering meals. You can also find a selection of gourmet cakes, slices and cookies on display, paired perfectly with a Presstwood blend coffee. Open early for Brunch (served all day) 7 days.
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Great place for sunday morning breakfast, we had Eggs Benedict and Eggs Floratine, with 2 coffees each for just over $40.00. The Eggs are free range and the hollandaise sauce is one of the best I have tried. The servings are of generous portions.
The service is welcoming and the staff friendly. The place was really busy and nearly every table had a reserved sign on. By the time we had left the place was full. Always a good sign.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

$18 for a basic CEASAR SALAD.

Failed to find any parmesan. It just looked like a plate of lettuce with toast!

Croutons were two hard pieces of bread that I had to crumble myself. Anchovies were uncut.

The egg was so raw that it ran all over my salad and I even had eggwhite goop which resembled snot. Understand they chose not to coddle the egg (the traditional method) but don't understand why it is so hard to poach an egg thesedays? It's a salad - who wants raw eggwhite all over their lettuce? I know it's in the dressing but the visible yucky slimy eggwhite parts put me off finishing my salad.

I would have complained if I wasn't eating with other people that I did not want to bother. I wasn't asked how the meal was, nor was I asked why the plate was only half empty.

We were one of two tables in the entire indoor section of the restaurant eating at the time, so it's not like it was busy, they just obviously didn't care!

Afterwards my friend went up to the counter with a $10 note to order a slice of cake for dessert, and returned with a $1 coin. Nine dollars for a slice of cake?!?

Reviewed January 4, 2013

This place has great organic food and is fabulous for special diets (esp. Gluten Free). The all day brekkie is great, especially the eggs benedict. Gotta love real tarragon in the hollandaise. Brunch will keep you satisfied all day!

Reviewed December 25, 2012

Great generous servings good quality loved the welComing atmosphere of the store. Prices were reasonable and you could back charge to your accommodation if needed.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

A group of friends had breakfast last Sunday at The Store. The restaurant is under new management and has improved greatly. Breakfast was good, coffee not up to scratch and this needs to be addressed as Melbourne Street abounds in coffee shops and competition is fierce. A properly trained barista who doesn't leave the coffee machine during busy times is essential.
Having said that, our breakfast experience was good, the staff were friendly and eager to please. Booking needed for breakfast on the weekend. There is also pleasant outdoor pavement seating.