“I didn't get the 'best Thai in Adelaide' vibe at all”
Review of Star of Siam

Star of Siam
Ranked #16 of 1,623 Restaurants in Adelaide
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Star of Siam Thai restaurant, Adelaide, South Australia
Adelaide, Australia
“I didn't get the 'best Thai in Adelaide' vibe at all”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

It was OK. I can't really say much more than that. I wasn't wowed or disgusted in any way. I got fed. Reasonably expensive for all that, but it's a restaurant on Gouger Street, aren't they all?

It was a busy Friday night, the place was packed, and the maitre'd who almost seemed to be irritated in having to deal with something so annoying as customers wanting a table, was wearing sweat pants.

We arrived with no booking, but managed to put our name down for a table to be ready in half an hour. When we came back, we (4 of us) got shoehorned onto a table outside.

The service was efficient, but far from personable. The grilled squid starter was like a plate of gaskets, but the rest of the food was quite good.

I might go back if I find myself nearby and hungry, but I won't make a dedicated effort.

• Visited December 2012

Sydney, Australia
“Love this place”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

This was our third visit to this busy restaurant and every time it's been the same: Great food, fast service, very attentive and friendly staff. The Pad Thai is one of the best I've had. Salt and Pepper Soft Shell Crab is delicious. Drunken seafood, very tasty, especially the fish pieces. But I've had quite a few other dishes here and it has all been so very good. Please, never change!

• Visited April 2013
Adelaide, Australia
“Subtle. Class all the way.”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I love this reaturant. I last went with a group of 6. I was half an hour early and the restarant was empty. When I arrived the waiter was very friendly, seating me and taking wine order. When my friends arrived the service again was very friendly and propmy. Seemless service being very hard to find in Adelaide we were not left wanting for anything.
The food was sublime and certainly much more than I was excpecting. When the bill came I was pleaseanlty surprised, I would have been happy to pay more. $40 each for more food and wine than 6 poeple would need. Cant wait to go back when renovations are complete.

Visited November 2012
Adelaide
“Sea Stars”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Star of Siam has been a long time favourite of mine and if you have to try something new for the first time make sure you try the 'Sea Stars' - just yummy, although never enough. The Choo Chee Prawns another brilliant meal!!!! Good variety of vegetarian meals as well for those who prefer that. Although a cool evening we sat outside and with the outdoor heating we were fine. The hustle and bustle of Gouger Street makes it all part of the charm. Inside the tables and chairs are a little close together which makes it squeezy but not too much of a problem. The servings are generous and well priced. The service was good although took a while to bring our drinks. I would always recommend this restaurant to visiting interstate friends and great to go as groups as well as couples, etc.

• Visited April 2013
Brisbane, Australia
“Thai excellence”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Authentic thai and overall an excellent dining experience. If in Adelaise City, highly recommend a visit though be sure to book early.

• Visited January 2013