“Delicious Thai in Adelaide”
Review of Star of Siam

Star of Siam
Reserve with
Star of Siam is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 1,603 Restaurants in Adelaide
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Star of Siam Thai restaurant, Adelaide, South Australia
Invercargill, New Zealand
“Delicious Thai in Adelaide”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

We found this place was closed on Sunday so decided to go on Monday. Even though it was 6:30pm, the place was full to capacity with people waiting on the footpath to get in. This place is extremely popular. We were seated soon after outside. It is completely smoke free which is brilliant. The food was amazing. The beef satay entree was fabulous and the special of the day was a tangy salad of prawns, squid, cellophane noodles and squid with a spicy lemon dressing. The mains were equally as good and are generous servings. Even though the place was very full, we did not have to wait long for our meals to arrive. All evening, people were coming and going. This place is rated highly on Trip Advisor and after tonight, we can see why. Great.

• Visited January 2013

Scottsdale, Arizona
“Good waitress, ok food, miserable manager”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Don't go to this restaurant if you want to eat reasonably. The food was ok, but when we asked to split our bill because my husband was in Adelaide on business, and I was there to enjoy some time with him, the manager would not allow us to do so. I would NEVER eat there again considering such lousy customer service, and I would not recommend anyone eat there unless they have no problems buying food, because of minimum charges, which will probably be thrown away.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Shakti1902
“Nothing to dissappoint!”
Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

I went here with two friends, and we had a wonderful time. I cannot really fault our experience.
I found the staff very accommodating, our food didn't take very long at all to come out, and when it did, I thought it tasted delicious!
I highly recommend visiting this establishment, but keep in mind, that its not cheap, nor is it overly expensive, but it is a little pricey.

Adelaide, Australia
“good food, fast service, reasonable prices”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Went there a weekday lunchour with a small group. It was busy, but the food was still good food, fast service, reasonable prices.

Visited December 2012
Sentosa Island, Singapore
“Thai Food”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

The Star of Siam is a very popular restaurant on Gouger Street in Adelaide. I have been there several times and the food is always consistently good. On my last visit, I went with a large group of friends and we were all crammed on to a table that was far too small for us, right by the door. The service was terrible, the waiting staff were arrogant to the point of being rude. The Maître D' seemed to have favorite customers who she showered with compliments, staff, menus and choices, while the rest of us were left in a draught waiting for service. One of our fellow diners did not get her main course at all, and when she complained, there was no apology. She just had to wait, watching the rest of us eat, until her dinner was eventually slammed down in front of her by a churlish waitress. The toilets are a bit smelly and not very clean. When I got home I looked up some reviews of The Star of Siam and they mostly said that the food was consistently good, but the service consistently bad. Go figure why it is so popular!

• Visited October 2012