“Average at Best”

Dining options: Reservations
Port Pirie, Australia
“Average at Best”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I was excited to go here as there are not a huge amount of Nepalese restaurants in Adelaide to choose from. I went with a group of friends but we were a little disappointed. The restaurant is tiny and more like a bistro. It is in desperate need of a re-vamp and the service was mediocre. It took quite a while before our drink order was taken and the wine list is limited.
The food had really good flavours but my goat was not as tender as it should be.

• Visited September 2012

“Voucher overvalued”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

We were the only 2 lunch customers on a Friday. Our Groupon voucher purchased for $39 and promising $100 value did not deliver. We were restricted to the cheapest 2 mains (19.90), and the cheapest sides (3.50), plus a house wine (say $5, a bottle of it would cost less). Total value $47.80. The two $10 vouchers given as we departed (for our next visit will not be framed

• Visited October 2012
Adelaide, Australia
“Food nice but service poor”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

So- we went to Sagarmatha again last night hoping for some positive change- but were disappointed -again. The food was nice as always, the place is shabby and lacks atmosphere, but the worst thing is the service which is still well below par. Even though there were only 3 or 4 tables occupied the waitress seemed more interested in constantly fiddling around behind the bar rather than taking orders for food and drink and clearing plates away etc- which is what she was supposed to be doing (isn't it?). I literally had to wave my arms around above my head to get the waitress' attention more than once. The waitress was pleasant enough - but her skill level was low, which rather smacks of the proprietor not caring enough about service to train her properly- and this has been a constant theme on every visit I have had there. I think next time someone suggests a trip to this place I will refuse: as another reviewer said, there are too many good restaurants in Aelaide to bother with a place like this that simply cannot be bothered giving customers a proper level of service. If I was a Chef I would be really cross to be slaving away in the kitchen producing nice food -while the front of house staff annoy everyone and drive customers away with sub-standard service delivery.

• Visited September 2012
“not value for money”
Reviewed June 26, 2012

We had 2 Groupon coupons and took friends who love Indian food. The choice was severely restricted with the coupons and the serves very small. Not enough food at all. We complained about the lack of value and the owner just argued with us. He does not understand the value of sending people away happy with what they have so they will come back and recommend the restaurant which only had 4 tables full on the night we were there. He claimed we were going to get $60 worth of vouchers for another visit which is included with the coupon we had. He only gave us $40 worth of vouchers. Why on earth would we pay ahead for vouchers to a restaurant we don't know whether we like or not? The decor is fine and the young lady who waited on us was lovely and very competent which is why I give the restaurant this good a rating. Other places give a whole bottle of wine and let you choose mostly whatever you like from the menu and do it with a smile. We got arguments, interruptions and growls and only 6 curries to choose from. Definitely poor value.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Alison S
“Service lets it down”
Reviewed June 8, 2012

Food is really nice but the service has been hopeless very time I've been there

Visited July 2011