“Service lets it down”

Dining options: Reservations
Adelaide, Australia
“Service lets it down”
Reviewed June 8, 2012

Food is really nice but the service has been hopeless very time I've been there

Visited July 2011

Adelaide, Australia
“Scoopon buyers beware”
Reviewed April 26, 2012

Wer had two use by dates on voucher; the manager wouldn't honour the latter date as the first was out of date. Was very rude to us and did not want to try and contact scoopon for us, would not offer to call scoopon or sort it out for us.

he displayed zero comittment to honour the deal. We tried to show him the use by date on the voucher that said expires 29th May, and it was April 26, but he kept saying that there had been a typo by scoopon and it was not his problem.

I gave him every opportunity to show some goodwill; instead he asked us to leave.

we won't be back

4 Thank DaveKooch
Adelaide
“First time Nepalese food”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

On busy night of sat I was there with my family to enjoy Nepalese food after being recommended by my friend who lives in St Peters. He suggested me few foods but I could not remember or pronounce so spoke to waitress who pointed few dishes which we ended up ordering. Everything was going well that was people around, music and certainly we saw customer on our next table started arguing with I believe it might be Manager or owner. I heard customer saying something about voucher but was not too sure what was that all about. After manager or owner left he turn around to our table and said i paid $39 dollars for this and when I looked at his table with two people 2 glasses of wine, curries, bread, rice but it still did not make any sense. Our meal came on time, me my wife and children loved food. Specially kids said they never had such a delicious butter chicken. We ended up paying $132 including wine. One thing still was bothering me why I had to pay $132 where next table paid on $39. Next day from I went to google looking for Sagarmatha Nepali Restaurant and all these deal sites came. I was amazed with price structure. Being on restaurant business previously I guess I could relate easily and question how this business is surviving? At the same I was greedy to go back since we all loved the experience so I have become a member scoopon member and bought voucher and forwarded to my friend as a gift who recommended to go there. I hope I would not have same feelings like next table personal since I bought $39 dollars voucher!!!!

1 Thank KDavisAdelaide
Adelaide
“Not value for money”
Reviewed April 20, 2012

We purchased a 'feast' through a Groupon voucher scheme, and were very disappointed.
Menu choice was seriously restricted (2 of the same curries to share), portion sizes were small(worked out to 3 small pieces of chicken each), and we left feeling hungry. Largest portions were the rice and roti. Having said that, what we had was excellent.

Service was fine, but the restaurant is tired looking.This was a special dinner for us, and the restaurant didn't live up to it's own hype. We won't go back nor recommend.

2 Thank Mary C
Adelaide, South Australia
“First time trying Nepalese food”
Reviewed February 21, 2012

I don't really have a benchmark to put this against as it was my first time having Nepalese food but I found it to be decent, I like Indian and other spicy foods so I thought I would give it a try.

We got one of the living social deals and as someone already mentioned the owner did not seem to overjoyed with this, and every person we saw come in had the same living social deal.. The wine glass was not clean and the tablecloth was dirty. I think I would give it a very generous average score just because the food was alright. They were accommodating for making something without garlic for my girlfriend who has an allergy though.

• Visited February 2012