“Very disappointed”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed April 17, 2013

My husband and I have been going to Rigoni's quite often, although, haven't been for a while until recently for dinner.
They have recently changed their lighting and found it to be very bright. Apparently, it was already on dim. Way too harsh for and evening meal.
Thought $6.50 was rather steep for one small thin slice of bread for bruschetta.
My entree, ravioli was under cooked and potato, garlic, onion topping was burnt. There was no stuffing inside.
I did complain and the waitress did apologised and offered a dessert or coffee after dinner.
It then took 45-50mins before our mains came and they looked like they had been sitting under the heat lamps and forgotten about. My gnocci dish was dry and tasteless, the pork belly was tender but the sauce was dried onto the plate.
We did take up their offer and had dessert and that was the best dish of the evening.
It was a bad night for both, we wont be going back for a while. Pity.

Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

Happened upon this restaurant while walking around Adelaide, and came back for dinner. We experienced their "new" menu - having the avocado bruschetta which was just OK, and the pork belly and venison dishes, both of which were excellent. $20 corkage, decent value as Australian prices go. Good service as well, even while full on a Monday.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

RIGONIS
Rigonis lives up to its high reputation. On a Friday evening, tired after a long week at work, it was a pleasant start to be greeted and seated and looked after by an attentive waiter. The beer was cold, the bubbles were delicious and our large group quickly settled in. We had organised platters of antipasto; it was all excellent. When it came to ordering, we realised that it is quite a short menu, which is actually to my liking when I am with a large group because I get distracted. We had the special; a fat slice of sirloin, medium rare, deliciously salted, seared on the outside and perfectly red on the inside, a marbling of fat that kept it juicy. A memorable steak! From memory it was about $40. My wife had the pot roasted chicken breast with a flavoured mash (yummy) and asparagus wrapped in prosciutto. “Best chicken breast I have ever had in a restaurant, ever!” That’s high praise from a lady who likes eating out and rarely trusts chicken breasts at a restaurant because they are so often dry. She was still talking about it the next day. That was about $35. Whenever we wanted something, we hardly had to wait. And when our food was served, it came out altogether with military precision. The only down side was that it was a trifle warm to start with – but we were in a corner and in a large group. It’s worth pointing out that nobody in the group had a bad meal. At the end of the meal we sat outside and enjoyed one last drink, watching the Friday nighters wander by. I had spoken to an acquaintance earlier in the day, who said they hadn’t been to Rigonis in years but had heard it was back to its best. I reckon he was right!

Reviewed March 16, 2013

I really enjoy Rigoni's and it is located in one of Adeliade's hot spots, Leigh Street.

Why whould you go? Easy the service is solid, the food is fantastic for the price and if you sit outlside on a pleasant day it is easy to wish away an afternoon enjoying some wine or coffee with friends.

I have also been here for business lunches and found that clients also enjoy the atmosphere and ability to have a privite conversation.

If you feel like continuing the pary afterwards head down to Udaberri for some classic cocktails and pinxtos. This is a fantastic bar, unique in Adelaide with some good music, fantastic food and enjoyable cocktails.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

If one goes to a restaurant and sees some of Adelaide's Opinion makers does it say something about your choice of a restaurant. Of course it does...it means you have chosen well !!!
Your in good company !
The staff: All professional, all chatty and always smiling and making sure you are happy.One's glass is rarely empty !
The food: Excellent Italian staples without any fuss. You know what you are getting.
Generous, tasty serves. We visited with some friends and all enjoyed a bowl of pasta.The Spaghetti Tutto mare was impressive.Plenty of seafood with plenty of flavours.
One of our guest enjoyed a Sweet potato gnocchi and was well pleased.
The prices:The prices are slightly higher than some Adelaide restaurants but one is getting a superior service.
Rigoni's is an Adelaide icon !

1  Thank djhallett