“The worst Mexican food I have ever consumed”

Montezuma’s North Adelaide
Ranked #1,010 of 1,739 Restaurants in Adelaide
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 9, 2013

If you are a fan of Mexican food DO NOT go to montezumas! My partner and I love Mexican food and despite the many poor reviews we had heard, decided to go there for dinner. In short there is no real flavour in any of the food, the chilli con carne resembled a stretched out tomato soup with flecks of beef, the con queso tasted like they had bought a cheap tomato dip from a supermarket and microwaved it and our mains were borderline inedible. That said the staff were fairly friendly and the venue was nice but I still would not return. I hope this review discourages at least one person from wasting their money! Especially when a quality Mexican meal is available a few meters down the road at Zapatas!

Reviewed January 9, 2013

Montezuma's deliver good food consistently and are still good value for money. I always leave very satisfied.

1  Thank Hillite7
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Decided to try this place for my sister's birthday last year, well the food was pretty crap, the mexican margarita was disgusting, but I did love the decor! Wouldn't bother going back... Old el Paso stuff is better lol

Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband and I visited Montezuma's and loved the decor. However our one disappointment was that the sauce tasted more like spaghetti bolognaise. This rankled, considering that the restaurant was supposed to be Mexican. That being said.....it was more than a year ago - things may have changed.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

We have been frequenting Monty's for many years but it seems to have gone through some changes which were not altogether for the best. To their credit things have become better but where it used to be good value it is now pretty well on par with the rest.

You will get a nice meal and they have a good selection on the menu so for a relaxed night out without the fanfare I still say they are good value.