“Beautiful views”

Cuisines: International
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed March 4, 2014

We were invited on a business lunch. The fish dish was absolutely delicious and the views beautiful. A good choice.

Reviewed March 3, 2014

We loved the service, food and setting so much we ate here both nights we were in Adelaide City. Excellent food, well cooked and presented. Sometimes the servers fall short of the otherwise high standard but respond well to a gentle nudge. We walked through the River front gardens from the Conference Centre which emphasised the delightful setting on the Torrens River bank.

Reviewed March 1, 2014

We have eaten here twice in the last few months. Parking was very difficult on both occasions. For a special occasion, we ate in the main restaurant. The food was very good and the service as expected for some of the highest prices in Adelaide. The ambience was nice, but a little stuffy. The second time we visited, we had a function upstairs. The service was not good. The food was ok - nothing special, but the snobbery and arrogance which went along with it was unacceptable. The main courses were alternative fish/ steak. Our table of 8 received 2 steaks and 4 fish. When we pointed this out, the waitress said "it's alternating. you get what you are served". We explained that the ratio was not alternating, and she said "that's because you've got 33 people". What?! I ordered a drink, and it did not arrive for an hour. When I reminded them at 905pm, they told me the drinks stopped at 9pm. I had to point out that I had ordered it way before 9pm. We will no longer be supporting this restaurant.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

Even allowing for a relaxed approach to fine dining, waiting for over an hour from ordering to getting the first plates is not my idea of fine dining. Especially when the restaurant is less than a quarter full in mid-week with fewer than 28 diners - would it have coped with more patrons or in the weekend?
Add to it a sourpuss waitress and a tired looking decor, it was a poor night out for us.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

I really enjoyed my meal at this Adelaide insitution of a fine restaurant....the staff were helpful and friendly and the riverside views just lovely.

Taking my Father to lunch, we resolved that a light healthy lunch was in order to prepare for the giant dinner we knew would be presented later that same day. Jolleys coped with this admirably : we each ate 2 entrees accompanied by sparkling water and LLB . Whilst it sounds moderate , the flavours and the food were just great.

This took huge resolve given the fabulous menu and i will return soon with my husband for the tea smoked duck for two.

Oysters were fresh , with a choice of three dipping sauces. The shashimi was wonderful with a unique light flavour. The fig salad was also delicious. I recommend any of them .

The bill was also reasonable, at $109 before tipping and using an entertainment card.

Its easy to understand why Jolleys remains one of Adelaides favorite restaurants.