“Great steaks and oysters”

Gaucho's Argentinian Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 1,636 Restaurants in Adelaide
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Australia's pioneering Argentinian restaurant, Gaucho's has created a passion for the char-grill and to this day is recognised as one of Australia's best.
Darwin, Australia
“Great steaks and oysters”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Had dinner with two work mates and we agreed that the food was excellent. The Argentinean oysters were fabulous, as were the steaks we had. Service was very good, despite being very busy (Friday night). The wine selection was very extensive, and it was great to try a couple bottles of really good Argentine red wine. I will definitely eat there again next time I'm in Adelaide.

1 Thank Darryl D

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Adelaide, Australia
“Special occasion dinner”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Excellent choice of wines
The house specialty of oysters diablo is the most delectable dish to start the evening meal
The rib eye special and wagyu were melt in the mouth bliss
Portions of meat way too large and extremely expensive
Don't expect much change from $300 for a couple

1 Thank DavinaV_13
Brisbane
“Great atmosphere and great steaks”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

I had heard a lot about this restaurant so when my husband and I visited Adelaide recently we made a booking. They are always very busy so were lucky to get in on short notice. The restaurant was packed - lots of people having a great time. The service was very good, the food delicious, they had an extensive wine list filled with Adelaide winery favourites as well as cocktails etc. My husband had grilled seafood and I had a scotch fillet steak. the meat was delicious and well cooked as per my request, served with chimmi churri , lemon and garlic. It was interesting to be able to see the chef preparing all of the meat over a huge grill and the cooking smells really add to the atmosphere. Would definately visit again.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank leaveamessage_11
Sydney, Australia
“a must visit”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

My partner and I ate dinner here on Sunday night, this place is always busy so we had made a reservation a few weeks in advance knowing we were heading to adelaide for the long weekend. And lucky we booked as the place was full, walk in patrons were turned away.
We were seated in the back room, which was unimaginably warm, we asked to be moved as i couldnt bear the temperature (although others were sitting there in jumpers!!) We were moved to the front room, which was much nicer.
we ordered the ciabatta with olive oil, balsamic and dukkah for entree absolutely beautiful. lovely sweet balsamic and a beautifully flavoured dukkah. For main i ordered the 250g eye fillet and my partner ordered the 350g scotch fillet both medium rare, with a side of mushroom sauce (enough to share between 2) and a side of sauteed vegetables. The meal was impeccable, from the steak to the crunchy potato chips....and the mushroom sauce...devine! We definitely make it a prority to visit gauchos every time we come to adelaide!
I have never had dessert, as I think its a little over priced $20 for an affogato or slice of cake... and nothing has ever grabbed my fancy that much...a short stroll down the street reveal some lovely hidden gems for dessert!

Sydney, Australia
“Staff Great, Food Average”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We dined In Gaucho's recently on a trip to Adelaide. The food was average, we were looking for an Argentinian experience and it was more an expensive steak house with most cuts of meat too large for one person. There didn't seem to be very many athentic Argentinian dishes, it was more a wave across the ocean. The kitchen is an open kitchen to the dining area which is great as you can see what's happening however, when the shellfish is put on the grill, the smell is quite unpleasant in the dining area. The staff were helpful and had a good knowledge of the menu. It could get really noisy as there were a lot of large table bookings. If you want Argentinian food, go to one of the other restaurants in Adelaide. We went on recommendation from a work mate.