“Poor new management takeover!”
Review of Bravo Norwood

Bravo Norwood
Ranked #941 of 1,837 Restaurants in Adelaide
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 15, 2016

Have been going there for years, new management now - very poor service, coffee tastes like hot milk, mediocre choice of meals and expensive. Previous original menus still on walls. No wonder it is very empty during meal times. Sorry but you have lost another customer.

2  Thank BarneySydney

Reviewed December 13, 2016

Maybe I'm biased, but I liked the "old" Bravo just the way it was.

I've been there 3 times since it changed hands and underwent its transformation-sadly the changes are not to my liking. Can't even get a Diet Coke there these days, and the range of softies on offer in bottles is very restricted. You can get a bottle of Coke Life ("great drink" said no-one), but pretty well everything else is post mix (great for profits, but only if your customers come back...)

Just to top it off, it took 30 minutes for a post mix soft drink and a glass of wine to be delivered, during a non busy time (Wednesday 3pm, place half empty, bar staff member idly polishing glasses)

I won't be back. I'm off to find a new cafe to use as my local...

2  Thank Mark H
Reviewed December 2, 2016 via mobile

Now Bravo's Kitchen, they're trying to copy some of the quality healthy dishes offered by nearby Pave and Argo. The raw deserts are full of sugar, the juices and smoothies served in a trendy glass are out of a bottle factory made. The staff aren't that switched on but are new (the old Bravo staff were great).

The quinoa salad was vinegary. However its a great space and its a great blend of traditional Italian and healthier options like the great veg salad. The amazing burger and crispy chips I had on my second visit was a surprise. knowing what to order I still recommend Bravo and will go back for lunch or dinner but the breakfast menu was less interesting. All that said they serve fast and you cant do that with too much house made stuff in a big place.

1  Thank Brian T
Reviewed November 30, 2016 via mobile

Able to go for our first Cappuccino since the new management has taken over. Completely new menu, some of the old staff. Prices have all gone up by 5-10%, menu with far fewer choices. No longer able to get our favourite Bruschettas or Foccacias.
No longer providing locally made Mountain Fruit company juices, extremely disappointing! Now only v small 300ml Juices imported from Vic for about the same price. Thinking of changing my local café, pity, been going here for 16 years.
Cappuccino still very very good though, best in Aust and NZ probably because they kept on my favourite baristas.
Will give them another go but.....

2  Thank Marv_hv
Reviewed November 24, 2016

I come to this café for the first time, for my usual coffee and cake. The café has easy access, and there is off-street parking nearby. It is close to the main shopping area. The dining area is surprisingly large, but in a rather intimate way, with seating inside spreading outside under the wide street verandahs. There are lunch items on offer, and a wide selection of interesting cakes. The service is friendly, and my cappuccino with lots of froth comes as ordered. I find the background noise unobtrusive. In fact, I would give Café Bravo 5/5, except that I really like the luxury of having my order brought to the table! This is a good find.