“Very enjoyable”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Beyond India

Beyond India
Reserve with
Beyond India is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #82 of 1,612 Restaurants in Adelaide
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Established in 1999, Beyond India is an award winning Indian restaurant recognised by both American Express and Restaurant & Catering South Australia for excellence in our field and area. Our restaurant brings together contemporary setting blended with traditional India for an exceptionally balanced ambience. The premises are both child and accessibility friendly. Our Indian chefs, from all areas of the vast sub-continent, practice a myriad of specialist regional cuisine. Wether it's the robust tandoori flavours of the north or the spicy exotic of the south, Beyond India awaits you.
Australia
“Very enjoyable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

I went to Beyond India for a work dinner recently.
We were seated on a long table on the platform area. The restaurant is quite large and not an empty table!
The food was amazing. We shared some entrees and then I had the prawns in a curry as my main which was just delicious. The naan bread and rice were great accompaniments, as was the cucumber yoghurt and other sauces.
The crockery and cutlery used was very appropriate, very Indian. I would love to be able to purchase those items so that I can entertain friends with Indian feast.
I have been told that Beyond India caters for private functions. I'm also aware that the restaurant has won many awards and I believe that's well deserved.
Wait staff were friendly.
We met the owner and he seemed very nice and hard working.
We shared some of the desserts. The plating was just beautiful, especially the ice-cream dish which looked like a cheese board because of the way the ice-cream was placed on the plate in cubes.
Overall a fantastic night.
I will be back!

• Visited August 2013
Sahus P, Manager at Beyond India, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Hi, thank you so much for such a detailed review of our restaurant. It most certainly will help others ;)

Yes you're right we've won numerous awards over the years and only recently our very own George Papatolis won Maitre'd of the year 2013 from Restaurant & Catering SA. Thank you again for such a detailed review...

Gold Coast, Australia
“GREAT INDIAN TUCKER”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

If you like good service and genuine Indian food then try Beyond India. Be warned their curries are HOT.
This nicely decorated restaurant is licensed and very popular.

• Visited August 2013
Sahus P, Manager at Beyond India, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Hi, thank you so much for the review. We do try our best and we're so made up that you noticed our level of service. We look forward to seeing you again someday ;)
Adelaide, Australia
“Beyond Fabulous”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

I have reviewed this restaurant before, but I am so blown away every time I eat there I feel totally justified in reviewing it again.

One of two branches in Adelaide the O'Connell street restaurant is absolutely top. Excellent service, brilliant gorgeous taste bud busting awesome Indian food. It doesn't matter how adventurous you are there is always something new to try, but if you just want your favourite korma it will still be a memorable meal. One that will definitely make you reach for their number every 3rd Sunday when they have an all-you-can-eat buffet.

Bookings recommended, especially on weekends, and for good reason!

• Visited July 2013
Sahus P, Manager at Beyond India, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Wow thank you so much for the awesome review. Don't go telling everyone about our 3rd Sunday of each month all you can eat buffet ;)

We look forward to seeing soon...
Adelaide, Australia
“High expectations; disappointed overall”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

This was my first dinner here with two other business colleagues, one of which had eaten here several times and recommended it as a very good Indian restaurant.
This restaurant has certainly gathered many accolades in the past 10yrs, so expectations were high.

Service was acceptable; food and drinks came quickly and the waiter didn't hover about. The restaurant was 80% full for a Thursday night early dinner - usually a good sign.

We shared a Beyond India mixed tasting plate for 3 to start and that was really good.
Our main meals spread across their specialty dishes with a Goat curry, Lamb shanks Lucknawi and I had the Barrah Kebab which is 5 small lamb cutlets baked in the tandoor. Lamb shanks seems to go down well; the Goat curry was 50% small bone pieces and appeared difficult to eat. My lamb cutlets were unfortunately tough and had been overcooked in my view, although they did have great flavour.

I didn't pay, but looking at the menu prices it is on the higher end for Indian food in my view - that's what reputation allows for I guess.

Overall, I wasn't overjoyed but given the reputation I'm inclined to give it another go given perhaps I just was unlucky with my dish.

• Visited July 2013
George P, Owner at Beyond India, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Dear Jaundiced Eye,
Thanks for visiting Beyond India. We are sorry that we did not meet your expectations. We have addressed your issues to our kitchen team and look forward to rectifying these issues and welcoming you back soon.
Toowoomba, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Contemporary decor.. Average food !!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

My wife and I picked this restaurant out of the numerous other Indian restaurants in Adelaide city, based on its decor and reviews. We also noticed it was the busiest of all the other Indian restaurant we passed by.

The decor was very contemporary which was quite adrift from the typical Indian restaurants. With a see-through kitchen, well-presented staff and great service, it lived up to its positive reviews. The food, which is the most important bit, was very average. My wife selected a chicken dish with naan while I, forever in search of that elusive authentic biryani, decided to try out the Lamb Biryani. To my disappointment, the biryani was at best half decent. It was wet and chunky, but the lamb pieces were bite size and flavorsome. My wife on the other hand quite enjoyed the chicken dish.

Visited June 2013
George P, Manager at Beyond India, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Dear Sir,
Thanks for visiting Beyond India. We are sorry you were dissapointed with your biriyani dish. We have forwarded your comments to our kitchen team and look forward to welcoming you back some time. Kind Regards