Miller Apartments Adelaide
Peppers Waymouth Hotel(Adelaide)(Great Value!)
$112
$103
Mayfair Hotel(Adelaide)(Great Value!)
$152
$144
  • Restaurant
Adabco Boutique Hotel(Adelaide)(Great Value!)
$59
$110
$102
Hilton
  • Restaurant
Adina Apartment Hotel Adelaide Treasury(Adelaide)(Great Value!)
$128
$130
$104
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Majestic Roof Garden Hotel(Adelaide)(Great Value!)
$100
$83
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewshindley streetrundle mallgreat locationpolice stationbedroom executivethese apartmentscentral locationliving areawashing machine and dryerfull size fridgegreat apartmentsapartment was cleansmall balconythe heart of the citystay there againnoisy at nightsaturday night
Reviewed July 17, 2014

I decided to write this retrospective review after experiencing a similar problem in another hotel. In essence this once award winning hotel serves its purpose and fills a relative gap in travel accomodation market (short term self-catering hotel accomodation) despite being in the entrance to a somewhat seedy street of Adelaide which wouldn't affect travellers massively as long as they are using the accomodation as a base. Unfortunately, despite the past award, we observed that the maintanence must have been overlooked in the recent years. We were first placed in room 205 which was overlooking the Hindley street with not only its noisy clubs until the late hours of the night but also a street sweeper truck that starts operating with a sound signal at around 4 o'clock in the morning. The noise was disturbing despite two layers of window (one outside enclosed balcony window, then room windows). The sound isolation was poor causing a poor nights sleep, not ideal if you driving on a long road trip the next day. The next morning we requested to be transferred to another room and were given options of 212 and 213. With no window overlooking the busy street, we decided to go for room 212. While very quiet, this room turned out to have an airconditioning unit which was working at full power with lower power levels broken. Turning it off meant, uncomfortably high temperatures in the peak of summer,again, not ideal for driving a long journey next day. When we were checking out the next morning at the reception, we overheard the following occupants of room 205 asking to be transferred to another room. One wonders if placing naive customers in these faulty rooms has become a pattern instead of dealing with the maintanance issues. I hope these problems have been looked into since january 2014.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank faircitizen
MillersAndParinga, Manager at Miller Apartments Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2014

Dear faircitizen,

Thank you for your review of Millers, albeit retrospectively 6 months after staying. I do appreciate the feedback, as we are about to commence a refurbishment of the whole property. The operational team have had somewhat of an overhaul since your visit in January, and we are praised regularly for our levels of service and caring. As such, I can assure you we do not place naive guests into poor rooms, in fact we endeavour to rectify any issues and not have any poor rooms!

Reviewed July 14, 2014

Lovely accommodation, the room was spacious and relaxing, perfect location.
Staff were helpful and friendly.
We parked in the Wilsons Parking building next door, which came to only $12 for 24hrs (instead of $42) with the Millers discount ticket.
Also, free Advertisers every day!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
MillersAndParinga, Manager at Miller Apartments Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2014

Dear Holly B,

Thank you for your review of the Miller Apartments, we were delighted to read you enjoyed all aspects of your stay!

Hope to see you back here on your next visit from Broken Hill!

Reviewed July 13, 2014

We had a 1 bed apartment that is no bigger than a normal hotel room. The fact that they have partitioned the room off makes the whole place unbearably claustrophobic. Then there was the matter of the whole room smelling like sewerage as the bathroom had obviously not been used for a while, the bed was saggy and our daughter was charged an extra $40 to sleep on a very basic fold out bed that also sagged.
The good point is location close to the Mall but that is where it stopped, the room was noisy smelly and the only saving grace was when we decided after 1 night that we could not possibly stay another 2 nights we were politely given a full refund and we moved over to the Hilton for a bigger room with 2 proper double beds for $10 a night cheaper!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank jessica h

Dear Jessica H,

Thank you for your review, I am sorry that you thought the beds were sagging, I will be investigating this and looking to incorporate new bedding ensembles into our refurbishment plans commencing in the next couple of months. We are also looking into the sewerage smell which you noted in the bathroom. I did see that you rated our service well, and commented on how polite our team were, I would hope that my team attempted to retain your booking by offering alternate accommodation as you were unhappy. Normally we don't recommend 3 adults staying in a 1-bedroom apartment, so perhaps on your next visit to Adelaide, you might stay with us again and we could arrange some more suitable accommodation if you were to contact me directly.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

Great location and I'm a fan of the apartment, versus hotel room so I found this great. My only complaint is that i also like to choose to stay somewhere with a gym. I don't need anything fancy but this made me laugh out loud! 2 treadmills (one which doled out electric shocks) one bike and one weight set! In a room the same size as my bathroom - I am not joking I wish I took a photo!!

But in all, if I didn't want a gym then I'd stay again. All good apart from that, but slightly annoying they try to advertise as having a fitness centre because that's a joke as really annoying when it is a deciding factor in your choice of hotel.

Room Tip: I was on 4th floor and it was great, although the lift was useless but I was happy using stairs (especially since the gym was hopeless!!)
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Dear Emmatravels-xyz,

Thank you for your review following your stay at the Miller Apartments, I am sorry about the issue with the treadmill, and we have arranged for the second treadmill to be replaced. Due to our property size we only have limited space for fitness equipment, however for more enthusiastic gym-goers, we do maintain relationships with some CBD gymnasiums, which our friendly front desk team can assist with.

We do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back again.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

when we arrived we were informed that even though we booked a room for 1 adult + 2 Children it would cost us an additional $40 for a second roll out bed. otherwise all 3 had to share one bed.
Parking was difficult for our commercial vehicle (tight) and the general experience was that he hotel was noisy. We visit Adelaide regularly on business and won't be staying here again. We wouldn't ever recomend this business to our friends or colleagues either

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank KispiritsOwner
MillersAndParinga, Manager at Miller Apartments Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2014

Dear KispiritsOwner,

Thank you for your review of Miller Apartments. So many of our guests love our location in the heart of the CBD and all of the surrounding restaurants, shops and bars. I am sorry to hear that you were disturbed by this vibrant atmosphere. We are more than happy to organise quieter rooms if required.

Unfortunately as you booked on a third party website and chose the bedding option of 1 queen bed, this was all that was included in the price. During the booking process, this website does offer an option for an additional sofa bed for an extra $40 which may have better suited your requirements.

In future please feel free to book with us directly and we would be more than happy to book you into an apartment suitable for your needs.

Andrew - Duty Manager