To begin with we had a 10 night stay at these apartments in a Executive One Bedroom. We were on the top floor (Floor 5) and faced the street.
The room appeared to be clean and tidy - though the carpet does need replacing.
We, like others who have made reviews smelt "Subway" smells (the sandwich company) in the foyer and sometimes in the hallways as the apartments are above Subway and some other food outlets. Our room did not smell like this.
There was aircon in the room, but we did not need it for cooling or heating.
On the first day we asked the cleaner for a dish cloth (a cloth to wipe the bench down and to wash dishes). She said they did not have any, that they had run out. A dish brush is not provided either. We did have a dishwasher but sometimes you need to scrub or wash your own dishes at times as there are only 3 of everything (plates, cutlery and glasses) and when you are staying there, you use more than one of these a day each between two people. The dishwasher can take too long and seems a waste if very little in it.
Any way, the dish cloth. We did get a dish cloth on about the 7 th day of stay.
What was some nice touches was on about day 3, we received a packet of Charlesworth mixed nuts from the duty manager, welcoming us etc.
On about day 8 we received a bottle of wine and a note from the duty manager thanking us for our long term stay. These were very nice gestures and appreciated it.
Miller Apartments (check google maps) are about 6 shops away from King William Street where the trams and buses are and Rundle Mall starts.
There are some nice restaurants around Miller Apartments, but ask at reception for ideas on where to go. There are a few nice restaurants down Leigh Street (one side is Bank Street the other Leigh Street), which has the KFC on the corner (opposite direction to King William Street). It is a narrow street and since we were told about a couple of nice restaurants being down this street (both ends), we looked round. I don't think we would had done other wise.
A short stroll towards the Hindley Police station (a few doors down) is a short cut through to the railway station and to the casino and Adelaide Oval. (sign posted)
This accommodation is very good for Adelaide Oval.
The big question is "Would we stay here again?"
I have been toying this over and over. I say yes, but just for a short visit, maybe 3 or 4 nights as if next time we again stay for a long period in Adelaide (we had not been here before), I think I would like 4 to 6 nights in Glenelg. As Glenelg is easy to get to on the tram and vice versa. And it is a seaside town with nice cafes and restaurants.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Miller Apartments Adelaide is proudly Adelaide's newest apartment style hotel, providing a new level of comfort in newly renovated one, two and three bedroom fully self-contained apartments with FREE WiFi. The hotel was voted 'Best Apartment / Suite Accommodation' consecutively at the Australian Hotels Association (AHA) SA at the 2013, 2014 & 2015 Awards for Excellence. Miller Apartments offers luxurious apartment style living and is superbly located in the heart of the city. Our friendly and impeccable service coupled with exceptional quality and comfort will ensure a satisfying home away from home stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Miller Apartments Adelaide reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Miller Apartments Adelaide Hotel Adelaide
- Miller Apartments Hotel Adelaide
- Adelaide Miller Apartments Hotel