“Great Place!!”

Miller Apartments Adelaide
Ranked #7 of 56 Hotels in Adelaide
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I travel frequently to Adelaide and have stayed at Miller Apartments for my last two visits. I will continue to book there in the future! The rooms are very comfortable, clean, well appointed and extremely inviting at the end of a busy day. Beds/pillows....the best! The staff are more than helpful and were very happy to answer questions or provide me with anything I needed. The central location is great for getting around town on foot. All in all a very pleasant stay!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
MillersParinga, General Manager at Miller Apartments Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your lovely comments and we hope to welcome you back again when you are next in Adelaide!

Safe travels and thank you again

Reviewed April 27, 2013

Stayed here last August, in a 3 bedroom deluxe suit which was very roomy and self contained. Right at the end of the Rundle Street mall, it's very central, I was expecting it to be noisy as this is very active end of town, but I needn't have worried. I was more worried about the young party goers that had taken up residence in another unit, but I didn't hear them either. The staff were a little dry but not unpleasant, on the whole a good experience and great value for money for the standard of accommodation and price.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for your kind review and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

Anyone wanting to be right in the heart of the action in Adelaide need look no further than Miller Apartments. This was the second time I'd stayed and although I chose a slightly smaller room on this occasion, it was no less comfortable.
On arrival, I was gifted a little bag of jelly beans by the friendly front desk staff member to welcome me back - a lovely touch.
My room was on the inner side of the apartment building (away from Hindley Street) and was very quiet given its location. Comfortable bed, quiet room... My travel companion declared on her Facebook page that it was the "best bed and pillows in a hotel/motel/serviced apartment I have ever experienced".
And on check out, after enquiring about the hotel parking (I'd parked in a nearby multi-storey carpark), I was given a discount voucher, even though the carpark wasn't connected to the hotel. Brilliant service - and always with a smile.
If that wasn't enough, the location is second to none. You're literally a two minute walk away from the Rundle Mall and the Glenelg/Entertainment Centre tram (* a warning... this two minute walk also includes the iconic Haighs Chocolate shop). And there's a plethora of cafes, restaurants, convenience stores and shopping right on your doorstep.
I wouldn't hesitate to stay at Miller Apartments again on my next Adelaide visit.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for your generous review. It appears you enjoyed some of the "little touches" we offer, and your colleague enjoyed our pillows and bedding! Yes, our location is perfect, and the temptation of Haigh's can get a little too much sometimes!!

We hope to welcome you back for your third stay soon!

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Our daughter was scheduled to attend Flinders University for a 'Intensive week' as part of her post graduate course by distance. She had requested a separate bedroom to allow for overnight study. Millers met most of the criteria. We, some months ago, booked a Deluxe 2 bedroom apartment from the Sunday night until Friday night @ $209Aus. Sometime later we decided to arrive on the Saturday before. The only accommodation available in Millers was an Executive apartment at $259Aus. Being School Holiday period, we accepted.

The Executive apartment was large with two bedrooms, the main or larger bedroom had its own TV and on suite. There was another bathroom and another TV in the living room. The bed in the main bedroom was huge, almost land a helicopter. The floors in the main were covered by a dark almost chocolate coloured carpet.

When we unpacked, we decided to iron some of the blouses and shirts. In the apartment, there was an ironing board, and electric steam iron. The apartment also had a top loading washer and 4kg dryer. We fill the iron with water, switch it on and it leaked like a sieve. Examination of the iron indicated that it most likely had been dropped and the bottom plate had separated. Reception were quick to organise a replacement.

We decided to brew a cup of tea. The white china provided look very classy, branded Australia's Finest China. Despite assurances that the room had be meticulously cleaned prior to our arrival, we began washing the cups and glasses prior to use. Three cups had chipped rims and one glass was filthy. Again addressed quickly by Reception.

On the Sunday, we transferred to the Deluxe 2 bedroom apartment. Similar facilities, except smaller bed in main bedroom, no on suite or TV in that room. The other facility available in both apartments was the cooking facility, and a dishwasher. A four element electric cooktop, and a small multifunction oven, i.e. convection, microwave and grill. It took some time by trial and error to drive the oven. Count the number of times of pressing a certain button to adjust the temperature and twist the start button to adjust the timer. Did we asked Reception? No! On Day4 we found instructions on the very top shelf above the stove. A laminated instruction on the wall would have been helpful.

So we decided to do some washing, pretty straight forward operation. We can't close the door on the dryer. It appeared that the safety interlock was jammed. Again the friendly Reception intervene. The only other issue is that the light in the bathroom has to be switched on to run the exhaust fan, so not to trigger the fire alarm with the potential of a multi hundreds of dollars fine if Fire and Rescue are called automatically. There is a reset button for the alarm which has to be activated within 30 seconds. If like some of the other facilities, it may not work. In an energy conservation environment, it is almost by habit that you switch off the bathroom light.

Whilst we did not require the room to be serviced every day, we were of the opinion that at no stage during our stay was the floor vacuumed. This was evidenced by the accumulation of white fluff on the carpet.

The other issue which got up my nose, was the 2% surcharge for using my Visa Card. It costs ? the same amount to process a transaction for one nights stay as a seven night stay and $ 22 is a rip off. Also considering commission on booking our trips.

Will we stay again at Millers, given it is very close location to Rundle Mall?, we will need to consider our situation very carefully.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for your review of our hotel, and for taking the time to provide some honest feedback on the hotel. Without responding to each of your comments rest assured we have already taken action on most of the items you have mentioned and hopefully when next you are in Adelaide we may have the opportunity to show this to you.

Thank you again, and safe travels.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

This must've been designed by the same people who did the Mantra on Hindmarsh Square. I prefer that (unfortunately both have the same, cheap and lousy showerhead, fit for a caravan park ... probably water saving thou it takes me twice as long to shower because of it).
The good points about Miller: comfortable room, effective air conditioning.
Not so good points: the entry door of the room is very thin. I could hear everyone coming and going all the time, guests through their room doors. The living room is located away from the door which helps slightly, but the release and subsequent slamming of the security door at each floor was very audible and annoying. I paid extra for a balcony room cause it was supposed to be quieter. Speaking to my friend who didn't upgrade, that was not the case. She looked into a wall but was at the end of the corridor so hers was a lot quieter. With my rate came "free wifi". Turned out to be only 100Mb. I went on a few websites, then watched one 10 minute Youtube video. That was it - it ran out and asked me to pay a hefty fee to continue.
Also, one lift is not a lot. Can't be changed of course but if you're on a top floor, the walk down is long.
I'd rather the Mantra again, even if it's slightly more expensive.

Room Tip: Pick a room away from the slamming security door on each floor
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
MillersParinga, General Manager at Miller Apartments Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Dear Valued Guest
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and apologies for what appears to be some disappointing aspects of your stay with us. It is pleasing to hear you enjoyed our comfortable rooms, and I also will look into the noise issues you experienced, which we need to know in order to make the necessary improvements.
You will also be glad to know we have brand new shower heads in all rooms now, to ensure all guests have plenty of pressure and a refreshing start to their day!
I am a little surprised at your comments about the internet service provided. This is very much in line with all the other hotels in Adelaide, and is enough bandwidth for basic internet surfing, email and voice Skype. It is not enough for YouTube or other video streaming activities, again standard for all hotels in the city. The charges to purchase more bandwidth are again in line with other hotels. Please do not think we have not taken your comments on board however, and we will be speaking with our internet provider to see if we can offer better solutions for your guests.
Thank you again, and safe travels.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

My wife and I had the pleasure of staying at Miller Apartments this week .We found the staff to be really helpfull as there were a few problems .Firstly the sink leaked in our room and could not be fixed that day . We were upgraded to a better room with without hesitation how good is that
The car park is a bit tight to get in & out of but I liked the fact that within a few minutes of leaving our room we were driving to wherever we wanted to go
The room was clean & modern maybe in summer the airconditioning may struggle as it is at one end of the apartment with the bedroom at the other
We did not find noise from the street to bad as Hindley Street can be quite busy at night
Overall good location close to everything friendly staff I would stay there again

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for your very kind review of our hotel and that you found our location to be ideal. Apologies for the leaking sink, however I am glad to read also that our reception team took swift action on this issue.

We hope to welcome you back again soon and thank you again.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

I stayed at Miller Apartments while in Adelaide for a conference. A short walk to the Convention centre and Leigh Street for dinner was so convenient. The apartment was quietly comfortable and had everything I needed, kitchen, clean and fresh, good shower and friendly service. I'll stay again!

• Stayed: April 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind review and we hope to welcome you back again soon!