We had to book last minute accommodation on our recent trip to Adelaide and this accommodation looked lovely and new in the pictures, with kitchen facilities which are always handy with a toddler.
Our apartment was nice, in pretty good condition, and had all we needed in it.
The bed was a little firm and the floors creaked when you walked on them, detracting from the modern renovations of the rooms. The curtains also didn't quite cover to the edges of the windows, so light came in at the crack of dawn.
The location was good in terms of getting cheap food easily. But early morning coffee on a Sunday morning was hard to come by in that area of town. Unless you wanted to go for McDonald's coffee.... The location, while good for cheap food was not good in terms of atmosphere for a family, particularly on the Sunday morning, which was an extension of Saturday night for many of the others up and about. In the space of an hour, we (including my 2 year old), witnessed a man using the wall as a toilet, another man crouched and being sick, and then as we went to our car in the hotel's overflow carpark, we were greeted with a lovely 'gift' of someone's overnight toileting, right in the entrance. While the hotel cannot control this, it does give an impression of the atmosphere that surrounds the apartments which I think is important to be aware of.
The staff were lovely and friendly in all interactions, and very helpful.
As mentioned, we were allocated the overflow carpark on our first night, which was slightly down the road. On our second night we were in the Miller Apartment carpark which was extremely tight parking. Not easy to get in and out of.
The bathroom in the apartment was compact, but clean. The water sprayed every direction though and with little pressure behind it. It was adequate, but not relaxing.
Perhaps the most annoying aspect though was the noise. The noise from outside was all through the night on Saturday night and we were woken numerous times from it, right through to dawn, when the train (or tram?) started up. Our room was at the back of the property and got a lot of street noise.
In addition to the outside noise, there was a lot of internal noise. Our room was just near the lift area and the stairs and this meant we were exposed to noise of party-goers staying in the hotel coming and going. Both nights this was an issue, but on Sunday night a lot of uni students were staying there for uni games and so were in and out of the night out throughout the night to the early hours. The soundproofing internally, at least for the room we were allocated, was not good enough.
Given sleep was a priority for us, and is a rare thing anyway with a toddler, we didn't need all these additional disturbances. All things considered, we are not likely to stay here again - definitely not on a weekend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Miller Apartments Adelaide is proudly Adelaide's newest apartment style hotel, providing a new level of comfort in newly renovated one, two and three bedroom fully self-contained apartments with FREE WiFi. The hotel was voted 'Best Apartment / Suite Accommodation' consecutively at the Australian Hotels Association (AHA) SA at the 2013, 2014 & 2015 Awards for Excellence. Miller Apartments offers luxurious apartment style living and is superbly located in the heart of the city. Our friendly and impeccable service coupled with exceptional quality and comfort will ensure a satisfying home away from home stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Miller Apartments Adelaide reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Miller Apartments Adelaide Hotel Adelaide
- Miller Apartments Hotel Adelaide
- Adelaide Miller Apartments Hotel