“Top price and location”

Country Comfort Adelaide
Ranked #46 of 57 Hotels in Adelaide
“Top price and location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

Just an overnight stay on my way through to Perth. Clean and comfortable room and ensuite. Outside noise (AC units, neighbouring ensuites) bad but can't complain for price. Had a superb dinner and hot breakfast and a descent nights rest and all staff were friendly.

• Stayed January 2013
ADLOPS, Guest Relations Manager at Country Comfort Adelaide, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Dear Barakis23
Thanks for the review on your recent stay.
Sorry for the noise you experienced I have asked maintenance to have a look at the air conditioner as any noise should be within standards. I do hope you were not unduly inconvenienced or disturbed.
We are fortunate to be able to call upon the facilities at Grand Chifley Adelaide for dining and I am equally pleased you were able to experience our food as well.
Should you be passing through Adelaide again, we would be delighted to again be considered for your accommodation needs

Executive Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012

I went to Adelaide because I had things to do--in Adelaide. I needed somewhere central and not too expensive to stay. Country Comfort fitted the bill perfectly. At about $85 per night for a 'double' room (i.e., a room with a queen size bed in it, which I took as a single), it was certainly cheap. It was certainly central. Everything was clean, and everything I used worked. The room was perfectly pleasant and the desk staff at the Grand Chifley next door were delightful. If you want to go all the way to Adelaide just to enjoy staying in the hotel, pick a more expensive one. But if you want somewhere that is perfectly adequate as a base from which to operate, save your money and opt for Country Comfort. Free parking for the hire car, too.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Dear Sandra M
Thanks for the kind review on your recent stay.
We also believe the affordability AND location, cleanliness and comfort of Country Comfort Adelaide is unique for Adelaide's CBD area. Of course, having Free car parking is a bonus and then the facilities of our adjoining sister property - Grand Chifley - for dining and beverages...this property just about has it all and would have to be one of the cities best kept secrets.
Your comments have been passed on to all our staff and we look forward to welcoming you back when next you stay.
kind regards

Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

We stayed at this motel for 3 nights in total, with a week elsewhere in between whilst travelling through Australia in October 2012.
Firstly let me say if you are looking for luxury then avoid this place and stay in the Grand Chiefly next door. We paid about £80 per night which slept 3 of us so less than £30 each per night.
The rooms (and we stayed in 2 different rooms) were clean and well stocked, yes they are dated but so are much more expensive hotels, the beds were comfy and the staff were SUPERB (a real credit to the place). So pleasant and accommodating, even when we arrived late at night.
Lastly the motel is in a very good location, there is a tram stop at the end of South Terrace with free travel into the CBD and very reasonable rates to Glenelg.
My only criticisms were that the top floor of the motel had no lift access (although we were offered assistance with bags),the Wi-Fi price was ridiculous (however it is all over Australia, make use of the McDonalds you come across) and there didn't seem to be any TV channels that worked but none of these would be reasons not for me not to stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear JadeLois
What a lovely review - Thank you. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and have passed on your review and kind comments to our team (whom we also think do a pretty amazing job).
As you mention, the property is older, however we strive to keep it clean and comfortable and find that generally, the affordability of the property suits those travelers minding their budgets or who like a more basic experience.
We are currently looking into the Wifi/Internet pricing with our third party supplier and do hope we will have another option for our future guests soon - I will be sure to keep you posted via Trip Advisor and Facebook.
Should you be back in our part of the world again, we would be delighted to again be considered for your accommodation and I invite you to contact me directly to assist in arranging it for you.

Christchurch
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

I stayed at the Country Comfort Hotel on the South Terrace in Adelaide in November. The staff were very friendly and knowledgable. The rooms are due for some refurbishment as they are looking tied and the shower taps in my rooms needed to be forced closed to stop them dripping. Good pool, excellant restaurant.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the road are quieter
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
ADLOPS, Guest Relations Manager at Country Comfort Adelaide, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Dear caerlaverock
Thank you for the review on your recent stay at Country Comfort Adelaide. I am pleased you enjoyed your visit.
Maintenance have been informed of the taps in your room and will replace the washers to ensure ease of use.
We have no plans at this stage for significant upgrades to the property, however we will continue to maintain the facilities and ensure the rooms are clean and well presented for guests comfort.
Country Comfort Adelaide is an affordable option for the budget conscious and ideal for those wanting a CBD location with complimentary parking. We also offer many services and facilities available for guests through our sister adjoining properties, Grand Chifley Adelaide and Chifley on South Terrace. It is truly unique in this regard.
We look forward to welcoming you back when next you stay.

Adelaide, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

Ive stayed here a couple of times because of the location (on south terrace) the car parking, and the cheap price. reception is usually good and efficient. the rooms are..well, cheap rooms. they are showing their age, and the tv's need to be updated badly. the beds are very comfortable. bathroom has had mold on the ceiling for some time. the air con while a little noisy, did its job. you have the usual things you pay for in a cheap hotel; coffee, jug, bar fridge (no drinks at all), iron and ironing table. theres a safe, which can come in handy. rooms service was good, although the roomservice menu prices need to be updated to be current with what you are actually charged for. i spent $65 on one meal, and when it arrived, was told it was a few dollars more. i added up the menu prices in front of the obviously embarrassed girl (who by the way was very gracious about it) and told her i would only be paying the in room menu pricing. apart from that i had a good nights sleep. check out was good as well. one question i have is, during my stays there, i have noticed they only employ black people (immigrants perhaps?) as cleaners. (i have noticed this over a period of a few years), i have only ever seen these people cleaning. this is racist perhaps? are those people not good enough for reception etc?

Room Tip: book a room upstairs on the western side, to avoid the noisy 6am cleaners starting their day without...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank dahappywanderer
Dear dahappywanderer
Thank you for your comments and review on your recent stay at Country Comfort Adelaide.
I have asked our Food & Beverage team to audit the menu's in each room and our Point of Sale (POS) system to ensure pricing is correct at both ends. We apologise for any confusion and inconsistency which you experienced.
Country Comfort Adelaide is an affordable CBD property with rates set acknowledging the age and style of the accommodation offered. As such we offer basic services and facilities whilst ensuring the services and facilities are still to a high standard. Our sister properties which adjoin Country Comfort offer a higher level of services and facilities, allowing a choice of accommodation for guests to suit their needs.
Your question regarding staff is most welcome and I am pleased to respond. Our hotels are an equal opportunity employer and we proudly employ many ethnic nationalities across our work force. Staff recruitment is based on aptitude and skill. Our recruitment process allows for existing staff to apply for and be considered for other positions and departments when vacancies are posted. We also conduct on the job training for those candidates successful in gaining a position different to that they were initially employed. Front desk positions are generally highly sought after and we have many nationalities currently filling these positions. All staff are notified of and encouraged to apply for vacant positions should they wish to transition to another department.
Thank you again for your comments and the opportunity to explain our recruitment processes.
We look forward to welcoming you back to our property when next you stay.

Sydney
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

The motel is very old and needs a lot of refurbishing to rate it's stars. Our room was quiet and we had a good nights sleep. Breakfast at the adjoining hotel was included in our room rate and the full buffet breakfast was enjoyable. The hotel is at the southern end of the city - away from most attractions and the Rundle St eating precinct.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank HelenPatric
Dear HelenPatric
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at Country Comfort Adelaide. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay.
Star ratings for this property are undertaken by AAA Tourism rating systems who are an independent company. AAA recently announced changes to the way ratings will be conducted including taking into account the age of properties, last refurbishment, age and condition of furnishings and many other criteria. We support these initiatives on their behalf which we feel allow a more accurate overall rating of individual properties.
You mention Adelaide's lovely Rundle Street eateries and we are also fortunate to have within a 10 minute walk from our properties, Gouger Street. Gouger Street is, arguably, Adelaide's premier dining area with over 70 restaurants, cafes, bistro's and hotels as well as China Town and the Central Markets.
We look forward to welcoming you back when next you stay.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

Not a great place. Four main reasons why:

1: On the first morning of our stay when I woke up, I had developed an incredibly painful athlete's foot type rash all over my hands, probably from the bed linnen. I'm still not rid of it after a week of medication cream.

2: The bathroom was covered in mould. Probably because they'd sealed up the windows.

3: You could hear everything your neighbours were up to, talking, the tv and even the loud antics that they got up to at night...

4: I had room service walk in on me when I had just got out of the shower, (luckily I had my towell on!). This is the conversation that ensued;
She asked me "Do you want room service?" I said "No I'm a little busy as you can see", she said "Oh so you want me to clean room?", I said "No thanks", she said "Do you want me to wait here?", I replied "Um no thanks, I'm getting changed", and then she said "Oh will I come back tomorrow?", I said "Yeah that's a good idea!". She finally left after that akward exchange.

So all in all, I would definitely not reccomend the Country Comfort at all and will not be going back!

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Joshwahr
Dear Joshwahr
Thank you for the feedback on your recent stay. I am sorry your experience was not as expected.
The linen is provided by a third party who are a reputable company servicing many hotels in Adelaide with a very high standard. Additionally, the hotel and linen company conduct random audits on the quality of linen both in house and at the time of use. Linen found to be in a condition in less than perfect condition is summarily rejected. Neither the linen company or the hotel has had any other reports similar to yours. I do hope your rash has cleared up and you are now feeling better.
Housekeeping have also undertaken a deep cleansing of the bathrooms in Country Comfort Adelaide and will remain vigilant in this regard. We have also reminded Housekeeping attendants to be very cautious when entering rooms to complete their daily service. We apologise for the interruption and the staff member involved has been retrained on this procedure.
Your comments are greatly appreciated and I invite you to call me at the hotel to speak personally about your experience.

Executive Assistant Manager

Travelers are raving about these Adelaide hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Adelaide
Chifley on South Terrace
#47 of 57 in Adelaide
Princes Lodge Motel
Princes Lodge Motel
#32 of 57 in Adelaide

Been to Country Comfort Adelaide? Share your experiences!