“I love bed bugs”

Ranked #52 of 57 Hotels in Adelaide
Melbourne, Australia
“I love bed bugs”
Reviewed February 21, 2014

Never stayed here....but cant wait to do so........I love Bed bugs....I love dirty walls.....I lover smelly toilets......I love rude reception people.
This place is my idea of paradise
I love everything

Room Tip: Rooms everywhere are wonderful! All bright and sunny No Noise
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
6 Thank Thequeen444

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Do not stay here. After paying for the room we went upstairs to check it out. Horrible room, dirty and smelly. Asked for a refund which was refused. Reception person was not interested, we went elsewhere.

• Stayed March 2013
4 Thank eamoirl

Travelers are raving about these Adelaide hotels

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed March 8, 2013

I stayed this hotel recently and have come back with sores all over me! I scratched my leg on something in the hotel and it became red and inflamed. Then I had spots start to appear ALL over my body! I have been to the doctor and they think may have been bed bugs and with scratch an infection has caused havoc. I am being treated for scabies!

The place was smelly and untidy, the sheets were very thin. I noticed another review said there were bed bugs.

DO NOT STAY HERE!!! Pay the extra dollars and go elsewhere. I have spent so much money on antibiotics and cream I should have just put that money into a nicer place.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
5 Thank MLH23
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Worst hotel experience ever! Sleazy, seedy atmosphere. Dirty bed covers and smell. Fear of being broken into due to dodgy old door. Bathroom 'sliding' door had to be lifted to be closed. Terrible reception on the one tv channel.Shower only drizzled warm water. Lot's of old men on lower floors and old cigarette smell made the place seem like a fire hazard death trap. Very, very awful, disgusting place and it should seriously be reviewed by health and safety inspectors.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Kim D
North Mackay, Australia
Reviewed January 13, 2013

My wife called this motel room below third world standard, the bed covers were stained with makeup, the shower was disgusting with black stains throughout,the curtains did not cover the windows for privacy. The television was very old & only picked up one channel,when asked to assist the desk staff person was not interested in helping with my request,I then tried for a immediate refund after being given the room with a unsuccessful result.
We actually stayed out longer to minimise the time stayed in the room
Try another motel like the Adelaide Paringa or the Grand Chancellor both closer to Rundall Mall on Hindley St & possibly cheaper

Room Tip: Dont bother
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Syd S
Melbourne
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Great location in the heart of Adelaide however was a Very seedy joint, open 24 hours with a massage place downstairs, seems to also be operating as a boarding house as there were older men who seemed to have permanent rooms, and would sit with doors open while watching tv, would not recommend this for single lady travellers, reception was friendly enough, if you do stay get a room at the back as the woodshed nightclub is opposite and is hard to sleep with loud music booming until 5am if you are in a front room

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Lee04
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed May 17, 2012

BED BUGS BED BUGS and more BED BUGS!!!!! This property is not three star. It is in disgraceful condition. I have just come back from Adelaide and as a frequent traveler both here and overseas this is the most disgusting and disgraceful hotel I have stayed at. I caught one of the bed bugs and took it to the manager who refused to give me my money back. He did give me one night back but as far as I am concerned, it was not good enough. Once I found the bed bugs I did not sleep at all that night because there was no way I was going to sleep in that bed again. I went down to the Sebel and had a much better experience. I also noticed that the TV had hopeless reception and that the protective casing around the phone wires were exposed which meant the live wires were exposed. I have photos of that as well! Unless you like to sleep with bed bugs, don't bother.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business