Majestic Roof Garden Hotel(Adelaide)(Great Value!)
$119
Pullman Adelaide(Adelaide)(Great Value!)
$102
$94
  • Restaurant
Hotel Grand Chancellor Adelaide(Adelaide)(Great Value!)
$81
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $91/night.

Adabco Boutique Hotel(Adelaide)(Great Value!)
$99
Adina Apartment Hotel Adelaide Treasury(Adelaide)(Great Value!)
$125
$118
  • Restaurant
The Playford - MGallery by Sofitel(Adelaide)(Great Value!)
$125
  • Restaurant
Peppers Waymouth Hotel(Adelaide)(Great Value!)
$118
Mayfair Hotel(Adelaide)(Great Value!)
$297
Hilton Adelaide(Adelaide)(Great Value!)
$146
  • Restaurant
Majestic Old Lion Apartments(Adelaide)(Great Value!)
1,317 results
All reviewsgrand chifleyfree tramsouth parklandsacross the roadexecutive roomcar parkingtram stopwould stay againmin walkfresh airpleasant staystayed nightsbuffet breakfastbed was very comfortablearound the cornerrundle mallnorth terrace
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I found this hotel had a good bathroom with a very good shower over bath arrangement.
The room itself was average with 2 queens beds, however there weren't any extra pillows available in the room.
Although the booking was for three, upon arrival we were told housekeeping had only made it up for two and needed to place more towels in the room.
Requests for extras (pillows etc) were met without hesitation though.
Convenient to many eateries.

Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Tounga
ADLOPS, Guest Relations Manager at Sage Hotel Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Dear Tounga
Thanks for the review of your experience at our hotel.
We have reminded housekeeping to ensure sufficient towell's and items are placed in rooms prior to guest arrival when we have been notified that more than two guests are staying and we apologise for any inconvenience you may have experienced waiting for these to be bought to the room.
We look forward to welcoming you back next time you stay.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

The room itself on first impression was great, especially for the price, then again the price is not the usual charge so it was adequate. . Large, clean with two double beds and just as important a decent sized work desk and table.The worst thing though was after falling asleep thinking how I would gladly stay here again I was awoken on the first night at 5am by....pigeons! three or four perched on the balcony right outside my door and windows, after trying to scare them away so I could get some sleep mainly between 5 and 9-30 am, I gave up. I noticed in the daylight copious amount of pigeon faeces all over the place! This shows that the problem is not new so apart from the disgusting smell and sight of pigeon doo all over the place it needs to be pointed out this contains quite dangerous diseases and bacteria harmful to humans and should have been cleaned up. Now I did go some way to resolving the issue the second night by sprinkling some chilli and tabasco (all I had) around the area the pigeons kept scratching around and they seemed to be less frequent however.....I was awoken again the second night at around a similar time by what I assume was a male staff member from the adjacent hotel Chifley hotel pushing a shopping trolley full of bottles-beverages (whether empty or full I don't know) across the front of the hotel through the car park from one side to another.

Room Tip: stay away from balconies!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank chrisprofessor68
ADLOPS, Guest Relations Manager at Sage Hotel Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Dear chrisprofessor68
Thanks for the review on your stay.
We are sorry for the disturbance from the pigeons (which are a major nuisance throughout Adelaide at the moment) and are currently working to resolve the problem on our building by installing 'bird spikes' to the ledges over the windows in a programmed manner. Unfortunately, this is condensing the problem onto those ledges where the spikes are yet to be installed and in some instances the birds are now roosting on top of the air conditioning units. We have also undertaken other significant steps to deter the pigeons previously with some more effective than others and we will continue in our efforts to deter them for all our benefits.
Our housekeepers undertake specialist cleaning of the balconies on a daily basis however the numbers and condensation of the birds quickly results in more faeces being built up. We will remain vigilant in our efforts though and look forward to a significant reduction of birds in the future.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

Location is very good, handy to CBD. Room was adequate, good size but nothing flash.

There were just lots of little things that disappointed such as lack of any warmth from the staff, food trays left in corridor for hours, vacant tables in the dining room being set (very noisily) for breakfast when we hadn't yet had our order taken for our evening meal.

The balcony was unusable if you were not a pidgeon.

3.5 stars at best.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank blackduckNSW

Dear blackduckNSW
Thanks for staying with us and writing a review.
Your feedback is very welcome and has been shared with our staff and department managers for improvement.
We look forward to welcoming you back when next you stay.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

We are just back from four days staying at the Grand Chifley in Adelaide. Loved it. The rooms are well decorated and the room we had 510 was lovely and quiet. The staff are friendly and helpful. I had a problem with getting onto the internet at the hotel (completely my fault BTW) and Michael at the front desk was a great help sorting it out. We enjoyed seeing Kathryn and Izabel each morning at breakfast. Both ladies were well organised and really made breakfast a relaxing time, even with our toddler :) We ordered hamburgers one evening with room service. It was terrific. I loved it very delicious. All in all a very pleasant trip and a great location too with a super playground right across the road for our toddler. Weill return without hesitation.

Room Tip: Room 510 is a quiet room. We loved it.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Kathryn S

Dear Kathryn S
We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and have passed on your lovely comments to all staff. Mitchell, Izabella & Kathryn have also been commended for their efforts as it is great to recognise when people make such a positive impact with our guests.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

I booked the Grand Chifley for the location - It was close to where I needed to be and I've had good experiences with Chifley branded properties before.

Sadly this property failed to meet my expectation - I feel it doesn't deserve the "grand" name, nor does it deserve the 4.5 star rating.

The reception are is very nice and modern looking, even if the staff were very cold. The room was a different story - VERY dated and dirty, and the fridge was about as cold as a warm summers day...

There was a light that shon into my room at night that stopped me from getting a good sleep - I was told I couldn't be moved to a different room, I tried to close the block out curtains, but they were so old that they were full of holes and still let the light shine through.

The counter top was sticky and there was wiring poking out of the wall.

Finally - there was some sort of incident while I was there that caused the police to block off the entrance and car park. While I accept this was a terrible situation for the hotel staff, it was no reason to treat paying customers like it was our fault that there had been an incident - Sure they showed us in through the service entry at the rear (which was even more dirty than the rooms), but the staff were completely unprofessional about helping us get to our rooms.

A little professionalism would have gone a long way.

I'd also suggest implementing a policy that front desk staff should not have their smart phones on while working - that may help in making them more attentive to customers rather than facebook.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank FiverACT

Dear FiverACT
Thank you for providing valued feedback on your recent stay. I am sorry your experience was not as expected and I invite you to contact me personally at the hotel to discuss your comments further. I am available Mon-Fri 7.30am - 4pm.
We apologise our staff appear not to have conducted themselves appropriately during the incident and emergency procedure training has since been undertaken and follow up courses booked with a specialist company in this regard.
I look forward to hearing from you soon