“Good location and nice rooms.”

Sage Hotel Adelaide
Ranked #24 of 57 Hotels in Adelaide
Melbourne, Australia
“Good location and nice rooms.”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights and found it to be clean and comfortable. Our room had 2 double beds that were really good to sleep in. The rooms themselves were a reasonable size, not small and cagey like some hotel rooms. The breakfast was excellent and overall we enjoyed our stay. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank misterchester12

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 1 night in this hotel and found it hard to fault. The rooms are well appointed and look like they have been recently refurbished. Location is a big plus for this hotel and parking is easy (free).
The breakfast buffet was excellent and I was impressed by the standard of the coffee on offer, very nice.
My only gripe is that my room faced South Tce and I could hear the beeping of the pedestrian crossing, but I got to sleep fairly quickly.
This hotel is honest and good value for money.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Regional SA
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Our family originally booked a one night stay however we were so impressed we then booked an additional 3 nights! Staying with an infant was stress-free and housekeeping was very proactive in leaving extra towels even though we had not requested any. Reception was also very helpful is assisting us with the large amount of luggage we had in tow. The buffet breakfast was of a very good standard and we enjoyed the wide variety of dishes available. Wait staff at Zouk's were also friendly and engaging. Free parking is also an added bonus. We will be returning again to the Grand Chifley as it made a family trip very stress free!

Room Tip: The superior room is spacious and will easily accommodate a portacot.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank sassysonya
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed June 11, 2013

This hotel is away from the hustle and bustle of the city centre, opposite a lovely park, in a quieter area of Adelaide. It's a pleasant 15 minute walk into the city centre, so is a good option for the business traveller.

The hotel is small and comfortable. Rooms are average size, but clean and functional. Nothing special but perfectly adequate, particularly for the business traveller.

Breakfast in the dining room was a bit frantic with a couple of large groups in attendance. Unfortunately the larger groups seemed to throw the waiting staff into a state of disarray and normal service seemed to go out of the window. There was a lot of "flapping", which I have to say, was not a great start to my "calm" day.

Where it went wrong though with this hotel is with the service at front desk...

Qantas happened to lose my luggage on this trip, so I was missing toiletries, change of clothes etc. As it was late at night when I checked into the hotel, it was too late to go shopping, so I reported my loss to the hotel. No offers of help were forthcoming, so I asked if they were able to provide any emergency toiletries. I was issued with a price list and a menu to choose from offering a choice of basic, yet extremely over priced toiletries. Under the circumstances I would have hoped that an offer of complimentary toiletries (body wash, shampoo & conditioner) would have been not too much to ask for, and would not only have helped ease the pain over the loss of my luggage, but would also have endeared me to the hotel.

I returned to my room, armed with my expensive toiletries with a slightly bitter taste in my mouth. I then sat there, on the bed, contemplating. The bar was shut, I was too far from the city centre to go out, and there was no room service. And I was cold. Very cold.

After fiddling with the temperature control for about an hour, and getting no where, I sadly trudged back downstairs to the front desk, this time to request a robe. I explained to the lady at the front desk that I was extremely cold, and as I didn't have any of my luggage, would she be perhaps so kind as to lend me a robe. I was met with a blank look and a negative response, "we don't have robes". "Ok, do you have anything else then, perhaps an extra blanket, as I'm freezing". "No". "Right then, looks like I'm going to have to be cold".... And then the creme de la creme .... "Looks like you're going to be in for an uncomfortable night then", all said with a slight smirk. With that, she was gone, off through the door, and I was left, standing at the desk, on my own in complete bewilderment.

Yes, she was right, I was indeed in for an uncomfortable night, and what made it worse, I had yet another night there to prolong the pain.

A little empathy goes a long way, and customer service goes longer. This hotel sadly failed on both fronts.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

We are a family of four and stayed in one of the budget rooms on the second floor. It was clean, comfortable and fantastic value! Free parking was fantastic and location is close to everything. I'd recommend this place to families if you're after just a bed. Didn't try the breakfast, but hope to next time. Was impressed and will definitely be back!

• Stayed June 2013
Renmark, South Australia, Australia
Reviewed May 24, 2013

A little disappointed this time, stayed on the 3 rd floor and room looked tidy and comfortable. Bathroom had rubbish on the floor, not much but enough to notice, still unfazed because of previous nice rooms, I pulled the curtains shut, the curtain adjuster rods were banging on the glass from the breeze coming in through the door, I was unable to stop the tap, no matter how I tried, still unfazed again, because the rooms I have had, admittedly from floor 5 and higher, were great. I pulled back the covers and hopped into bed, the bottom sheet was scrunched up at the bottom of my feet, not a good feel, and looked like bed had been just pulled up and tidied , still I was tired and needed to sleep, unfortunately with the tapping of the curtain adjusters, the wildlife tapping also, and my scrunched up sheet, and loud banging noise which I believe may have been staff cleaning up the restaurant sleep was not that flash. On a positive note Admin staff were very professional and friendly as always, and staff in the restaurant for Breakfast were great. Floors 5 and higher for me from now on.

Room Tip: Stay on floors 5 or higher
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

Our family of four stay here on a regular basis as it offers excellent value for money. It is always clean, staff are friendly and helpful and the location is a perfect base for exploring Adelaide and surrounds. Free parking, buffet breakfast an extra but offered.

• Stayed May 2013
ADLOPS, Guest Relations Manager at Sage Hotel Adelaide, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Dear Mezza86
Thanks for again staying with us and sharing your experience with others. I am pleased you enjoy your visits and have passed your lovely comments on to the team. We currently have some great packages showing on the web with breakfast or a choice of other inclusions which you can pick from and save money.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Kind Regards