“Great little cafe”

Troppo
Ranked #2 of 82 Coffee & Tea in Adelaide
Cuisines: Cafe, Australian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Melbourne, Australia
“Great little cafe”
Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

So glad we took the recommendations of other reviewers and bypassed the markets to this funky little cafe. The atmosphere is great. Beautiful brekky, excellent coffee and very friendly staff.

Ontario, Canada
“A Cafe With Character”
Reviewed May 17, 2014

Had breakfast here and thoroughly enjoyed it. Quirky and comfortable atmosphere - I didn't want to leave! Menu is exciting and always changing. I had waffles with cinnamon, cream & apples and my partner had chilli eggs and bacon. My waffles were tasty and fluffy, and I kept having bites of my boyfriend's eggs because they were so full of flavour. My mocha was done just the way I like it and it looked pretty too. I love the saucers and mugs they use - so colourful and unique, just like the tables. Looking forward to coming back soon.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Kait85
Kansas City, Missouri
“Great food and awesome coffee”
Reviewed April 26, 2014

Have eaten here numerous times and the varied menu due to seasonal, local and fresh produce keeps it interesting.
The coffee is made by baristas who know how to love the bean and texture the milk professionally.
Always a favourite of mine for a quick take away coffee and end up with a delicious little something that was too tempting to leave.

• Visited April 2014
Adelaide, Australia
“Cosy find in centre of Adelaide”
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Had a spontaneous girls lunch at work and wandered across Whitmore Square in Adelaide to Cafe Troppo. It will be cosy said our mate. This is a happening little gem. Yes it's cosy, but we squeezed in on a Friday. Emphasis on fresh organic local produce and fair trade coffee. Mates loved the salad with pumpkin, rice and other goodies. Smelt great. Bagette was good with local tomatoes and cheese. Seems to be known for it's pizzas. Short menu and check out the specials board. Outside made of recycled materials. Atmosphere cosy communal. We'll be back.Check out the menu http://cafetroppoadelaide.com/le-menu/

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank 2011travel54
Darwin
“Great food, great coffee, great atmosphere, great prices...”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

...what's not to like? I took my family here for coffee and breakfast just before they closed for the Christmas break. The atmosphere was great, very laid back but the staff were focused on looking after their customers. We had 2 young children with us and they were well catered for and not regarded as a "hassle". The coffee was awesome, that lovely hint of treacle or caramel that has you ordering a second (or third!) cup.
We all had breakfasts that arrived in a reasonable time. The flavours were great, the owners and chefs obviously work hard to offer lovely dishes that are a perfect combination of tastes and textures. It's the sort of cafe where everyone wants to try what everyone else is having, which we did! I had a pleasant surprise when paying the bill, despite the extra coffees. Will definitely return next time I visit Adelaide.

• Visited December 2013