“Satisfied customer”

Devour dessert bar
Ranked #17 of 39 Dessert in Adelaide
“Satisfied customer”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I've been here twice recently and have not been disappointed. The first time, I ordered the chocolate fondant with peanut butter ice cream. Heavenly. I am a sucker for chocolate and peanut butter and this was perfect. Most recently, I went back for the donut sundae. It was quite good...I also sampled my friend's chocolate peanut butter tart. Yum. The portions are a nice size - not so big that you feel sick, but enough to satisfy your sweet tooth!

• Visited June 2013

Adelaide, Australia
“An expensive way to feel ill!”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Atmosphere is rustic and charming but after the first few bites/sips of both the food and beverages we all felt pretty ill. Everything was extremely rich and pretty pricey. The highlight was most definitely the redskin ice-cream, which is the only thing I would come back for.

*If you like peanuts/peanut butter in sweets you may like it more than me (who doesn't)*

• Visited May 2013
Singapore, Singapore
“Intelligent Creations By Chef”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

For a dessert place, Devour really hits the spot. Smart creations. The chef obviously knows his combination of tastes well. I tried the peanut butter and jelly panna cotta which was served with a grape jelly macaron.

The general level of sweetness of the desserts here is just right, and nothing over-the-top. One fault though. They might want to soften up the decor of the place slightly with more cushions and drapes. It is such an echo-y place I was having trouble hearing myself.

• Visited April 2013
Adelaide
“Just ok”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

My husband and I decided to try one of the many dessert bars popping up around Adelaide & Devour was first on the list. Being a dessert bar I guess we were really looking to be 'wowed' by the desserts. We weren't.

The menu was pretty limited, I think there were 5 or 6 items to choose from. If you're a fan of peanut butter, you'll be in peanut butter heaven as it seems to feature prominently throughout the menu. There just wasn't anything on the menu that really jumped out at us as 'must haves'. In fact we both struggled to find something that sounded appealing. My husband had the Chocolate Fondant. It tasted fine but was served with cream the consistency of milk and the size of the serving was tiny. I had the Eton Mess. It was nice & the pomegranate seeds added a nice pop to it.

I understand the menu changes constantly so I guess it can be a bit hit and miss depending on your taste. Perhaps if we were to return we would have a better selection of items to choose from. Not being fans of peanut butter, it certainly limited the menu choice on this occasion.

The coffee was excellent.

A word of warning though. They do not have EFTPOS facilities which in this day and age is ridiculous.

I wouldn't be returning anytime soon.

• Visited April 2013
Adelaide, Australia
“Amazing Dessert - Shop desperately needs air conditioning!”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Cannot fault the desserts... absolutely delcious.
Small choice on the menu, but there was something to suit everyones tastes nonetheless. The flavours were unique and the experience was excellent. Staff were friendly also.
Prices are reasonable for what you get.

We came in on a particularly warm Adelaide evening and the air conditioning (a very old Evaporative duct on the ceiling) and a small portable air cooler in the corner, were pretty much just pushing hot air around. It was quite sweaty and uncomfortable in there to say the least, even by the time the outside temperatures had dropped considerably.
The experience would have been much better had the shop had appropriate air conditioning. We were planning on hanging around a bit longer to have more items, coffees etc, but couldnt stay in there any longer than 30 mins due to the stifling heat.
Felt terrible for the poor staff too!

• Visited February 2013