“A faultless day!”

Premium Wine Tours by Scott Ninnis - Private Tours
Ranked #7 of 58 Food & Drink in Adelaide
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Private Wine Tours of South Australia's Finest Wine Regions hosted by wine specialist and former professional basketballer, Scott Ninnis. Enjoy a premium wine experience. Travel in style in a luxury sedan or Mercedes Benz Viano, available exclusively for your group of 2 - 6 people, to the Barossa Valley, McLaren Vale or Adelaide Hills. Scott's expert wine knowledge will guide you to a selection of premium wineries with personalised tasting lists exclusive to Premium Wine Tours. DISCOVER South Australia's Premium Wine Regions. LEARN more about wine from the experts. TASTE wines exclusive to Premium Wine Tours. ENJOY your private tour in complete luxury. Choose from our PREMIUM or SUPER PREMIUM packages. All tours are approximately 8 hours and include complimentary pick up and return from Adelaide and surrounding suburbs as required. Other wineries are available upon request. PRICES - Premium Tour 2 people $250 per person / 3 people $210 per person / 4 people $190 per person / 5 people $170 per person / 6 people $160 per person *Larger groups available. Contact us for pricing
Jamestown, Australia
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“A faultless day!”
Reviewed January 16, 2014

We were expecting to have a really good day exploring McLaren Vale under Scott's guidance, both the day and the service far exceeded our expectations! We left the winery selection entirely up to Scott, after filling him in on our likes and dislikes, so the whole day was a bit of a mystery tour and we were introduced to several places we were completely unfamiliar with. Every winery we visited has been added to our "favourites" list, the choices were so expertly matched to our tastes.

Along with Scott's local knowledge, meeting so many of the winemakers added an extra dimension to the day, One we would not have experienced on a self-guided tour. From the moment Scott picked us up until he dropped us back at our accommodation, the friendly service was impeccable from both Scott and all those he introduced us to.

We will be recommending Scott to all our friends and will not hesitate to rebook with him in the future.

Visited January 2014

Sydney, Australia
“The real Barossa”
Reviewed January 16, 2014

This personalised tour made the trip for us.
We had a very relaxed day despite seeing and doing so much. Scott obviously has a great relationship with a number of wineries in the region and each one we attended offered special treatment with either a good discount, private tasting or a tour of the winery.
I have recommended Scott's tour to my family and friends, and next time we are in the Barossa, we will definitely be calling him up to explore a few more wineries. Thanks Again Scott!
Sarah & Hus

Perth, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“McLaren Vale in Style”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

We had such a memorable trip, Scott was a fantastic guide, full of local knowledge, was really flexible & selected a great mix of wineries for us to visit. We would definitely recommend his tour and would certainly do it again & visit another region if returning to Adelaide.
Michael & Rhona

Visited November 2013
Greensboro, North Carolina
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Worth the extra cost”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

The extra $$ is worth it for a private tour with Scott. We had 2 couples and Scott picked us up from the airport and we were able to do things on our own time table because we weren't on a bus with others. One thing I was surprised about is the fact that tasting rooms (cellar doors in Australia) are free compared to here in the USA where you pay for tastings. I had not realized this when I was comparing prices between tours.

Adelaide, Australia
“Fantastic way to show the Barossa Valley off to an interstate friend.”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

I have had a personal friendship with Scott for many years. When a friend of mine decided to come visit me from Brisbane and wanting to visit the Barossa Valley, I didn't hesitiate to contact Scott. He enthusiastically sent me a detailed itenary of which wineries we could visit and where we could have a great lunch.
I tell you now if you want a personlised tour of the Barossa Valley, visiting wine makers who take you behind the scenes, are happy to answer any questions and know their wines, than you can't go any better than Scott Ninnis.
After picking us up from our accomodation and taking us through a very scenic drive we visted the first of 5 wineries.
A behind the scenes tour was the highlight and I doubt you could get this from a bus tour.
At each winery we visited the people who were working behind the counters seemed genuinely happy to see Scott and thus we were treated to a level of service, which went over and above what we expected. No rushed visits, no hurry ups from Scott to get to our next destination and a really enjoyable way to visit the wineries. If we stayed a one place longer than normal there was no panic.
Lunch was fantastic and really encapsulated what this sort of tour is all about and the knowlege Scott has of the history of the region was absolutely fantastic.
This is a day myself and my friend will never forget and I can't rave about this to all my friends and co-workers enough.
I highly recommend this sort of experience to anyone.
Paul Welbourn