“Calming place” 5 of 5 bubbles

45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Calming place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2014

If you just want a beautiful quiet place to escape for a little while then this Garden is for you. My friend dropped me off and said ill be back in a few minutes, I lost track of the time because of the pure beauty and serenity that encompassed me went I went to the garden.

Visited April 2014

adelaide
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“school excursion”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2014

Great oasis on the edge of the cbd. Terrific tour guide. Peaceful and very well maintained. Adults and children all enjoyed our visit

Visited September 2013
Adelaide
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 152 helpful votes
“Peaceful & tranquil”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2014

We really enjoy coming here, it's such a peaceful place, it's not very big but there's enough room for everyone. We took a picnic & sat on the law to eat it.

The garden is well maintained, the pond has lots of fish & turtles in it.

Definitely worth a trip.

Visited April 2014
Adelaide, Australia
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“free tram ride”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

A lovely way to spend a few hours is to browse the central market, pick up some picnic supplies, and walk a few metres to the tram stop and go to the south terrace stop. It is free to that stop so dont use your metro card. Then you can sit in the parklands and enjoy your picnic and then browse the japanese garden. The brochure explains the meaning behind the garden style. It is a little piece of peace in the city.

Visited November 2013
3 Thank magpiegirl9
Adelaide, Australia
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Beautiful Gardens”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014

The Himeji gardens are quite beautiful. Everything is extremely well maintained. However I was disappointed that I couldn't see any fish or anything in the pond. I was also expecting it to be a lot bigger. Easily took us 10 minutes to walk around including taking lots of photos. I would only go here again unless I was in the area.

Visited February 2014