“nice lunch choice”
Review of Toptai - CLOSED

Toptai
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
sa
“nice lunch choice”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We attended this restaurant for lunch yesterday and overall were quite pleased. Service was fast and the staff very nice. It was cheap and the serving sizes for the lunch specials were HUGE. We shared the satay chicken skewers to start with and they were served with plenty of sauce and on fresh crunchy lettuce and they were delicious. I would go back for these alone! This was followed by the red beef curry which could have been hotter but was tasty. My dining partner had the thai green chicken curry which she enjoyed and was hot and spicy. Over all a good experience and I highly recommend the satay skewers. Also I forgot to mention the actual restaurant looks great and this makes for pleasant dining.

• Visited July 2013

adelaide
“good food at a reasonable price”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Have now been to this restaurant a few times and each time have tried many of the options of food on the menu. Each time the food has been very nice, Whilst service is not ultra fast, it has been a pleasant experience each time

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank travellingjak60
Adelaide, Australia
“Awful awful awful”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

We tried this for the first time tonight and would never return. The staff were pleasant and the vegetarian spring rolls were quite good but it was all down hill from there. We were seated next to a very loud, drunk couple when there were other seats available. The wok chicken with chilli coconut sauce was dreadful. I had about three mouthfuls and gave up. The chicken was undercooked, there was no discernible taste of chilli and the sauce was stodgy and bland. Gary tried the massaman lamb and described it as 'bland soup'. His lemon lime and bitters was made with flat lemonade. Warning! Warning!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Denpic
Sydney, Australia
“Good food and service”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

We accidentally found this place as it’s located on the first floor of a small shopping mall in North Adelaide. When we entered, I found the room to be large and not too crowded. The owner came to take our order and she was very patient with my kids trying to explain their menu. I asked her for a green curry with seafood and was very happy I did. The food was delicious. The kids were also happy with the food. We did not have any wine but only soft drinks and the bill came to about $125 for five people.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank Marvin_Aus
Adelaide, Australia
“Nice restaurant”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

I went to this restaurant with my family for dinner. Good ambiance, nice set-up, quiet. They had separate kids menu, which my 3 years old enjoyed very much. The food was good, service too was good and the staff were friendly (something you really need when you're out with a demanding toddler). Enjoyed the evening very much.

• Visited April 2013