“Great Apartment”

Ranked #38 of 57 Hotels in Adelaide
Mt Martha, Australia
“Great Apartment”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We had the best stay. Lounge furniture the best and most comfortable we have ever had while staying at motels/apartments. Great bed. It had everything you could want in accommodation. Quiet, trendy area. Will be our first choice when we are next in Adelaide. Judith and Keith Bramich

Room Tip: I would always go for the ground floor, especially the one with the balconey
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Greg_Vaughton, Manager at Majestic Tynte Street Apartments, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Dear Judith B

Thank you for taking time to review our property. I am delighted to hear that you found our apartments to be most comfortable on your recent stay. I thank you for your comments and look forward to have you stay with us again.

Greg Vaughton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

While the cost and location were what we wanted, the room was tiny and the service was terrible.

We arrived and were rushed out the door as the reception closes by 10 (it was 9.45).

Our room was street level and quite loud. It really isn't what I would call an apartment being quite small.

Upon leaving I realised they had double charged me. I rung them and they were unapologetic - claiming this happened from time to time. I emailed them further explaining my dissapointment and recieved a half hearted reply days later.

I wouldn't suggest staying here after my experience with the service.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank michelle404
Dear michelle404

Thank you for your review of the property. Check in is via Old Lion Apartments where reception is available from 7.00am to 11.00pm. The inconvenience caused by double charge on the card was a pre authorization for your stay and unfortunately pending on the bank this may take a couple of days to be released. I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay.

Darwin, Australia
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Great location and close to Women's and Children's hospital. Good facilities however very inconvenient if you don't have a car to have to go to Old Lion Apartments to check in/out etc. slightly annoying being uner the flight path but otherwise very quiet. Love the cooking and washing facilities etc.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Becky R

Thank you for your review. You are correct in saying that check in is via Majestic Old Lion Apartments located only a few minutes’ drive away where our team will assist. Thank you for your comments and I do look forward to welcoming you back.

Sunrise Beach, Australia
Reviewed October 26, 2012

We return to this property every year at least once and have never been let down.

The rooms are basic but everything that we require for a stay.

The washing machine and dryer were useful.

Everything worked well.

The position of the unit in Tynte St makes it easy to access O'Connell St and all the restaurants and food

The parking is via George St at the rear of Tynte Sty and is available from O'Connelll St driving south. Easy to miss the turn so turn left into Tynte St and go around the block.

Very quiet at night and definitely a good place to stay in Adelaide.

I would have liked the smokers table to be further away from the rear entrance - the smoke travels up the staircase and through open windows - small complaint though.

Room Tip: There are two supermarkets in NA the nearest one is smaller but has some nice gourmet items - the ma...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Greg_Vaughton, Manager at Majestic Tynte Street Apartments, responded to this review, October 28, 2012
Dear peterandjo40

Thank you for your kind comments about our property and I look forward welcoming you back again on your next stay.

Australia
Reviewed October 14, 2012

A nice, clean room. Small but enough for 2 adults and a kid. Would consider going back there again. There is some noise from plane flights (it is near a flight path) but it didn't disturb us at all at night - and I'm not a particularly deep sleeper.

The carpark is a little hard to find, you have to go through some back streets but the reception staff (at the Old Lion hotel) will give you a map so you have that to rely on.

Really convenient - there's an IGA practically down the road. Some distance from the Adelaide city center (CBD), it's about 20 mins if you're walking.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Jade R

Thank you for taking time to post a review. In addition to walking there is also a bus services every 15 minutes into the city. I am glad you slept well and look forward to having you stay with us again.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed August 10, 2012

I was booked into the Majestic Hotel Minima owned by the same company but couldn't get my truck into their parking. They upgraded me to the Tynte St Apartment at no extra cost! It was very clean, quiet, secure and had everything that you would need...even laundry facilities and a kitchen in your room. Close to all sorts of shops and restaurants. Secure parking behind a locked gate. Very close to the CBD.

Room Tip: I was on ground floor. Otherwise stairs to next level. My room faced the street but was very quiet a...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Greg_Vaughton, Manager at Majestic Tynte Street Apartments, responded to this review, August 12, 2012
Dear Maplegum,

Thank you for the kind review. I am delighted to hear that our team was able to offer you an alternative solution to your accommodation needs. I look forward to welcoming you back.

Alice Springs, Australia
Reviewed June 15, 2012

I've had numerous good stays at Tynte st and the most recent was no exception. Apartments are ageing but generally well maintained. Hard to beat the location, close to restaurants and the cbd. $$ rate is fair with secure off street parking . Staff have always been great.
Can be NOISY on Friday and Saturday nights so go for the top floor and treat the stairs as exercise!

Room Tip: Go for the top floor as quieter
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, Manager at Majestic Tynte Street Apartments, responded to this review, June 23, 2012
Dear unrealmate

Thank you for taking time to post a review of our property. Our location amongst the cosmopolitan cafes, restaurants and shopping of North Adelaide is ideal. Our staff are conveniently available via telephone at any time if there are any concerns with noise. I look forward to welcoming you back.