“Not too bad”

Majestic Tynte Street Apartments
Ranked #37 of 56 Hotels in Adelaide
Reviewed October 14, 2012

A nice, clean room. Small but enough for 2 adults and a kid. Would consider going back there again. There is some noise from plane flights (it is near a flight path) but it didn't disturb us at all at night - and I'm not a particularly deep sleeper.

The carpark is a little hard to find, you have to go through some back streets but the reception staff (at the Old Lion hotel) will give you a map so you have that to rely on.

Really convenient - there's an IGA practically down the road. Some distance from the Adelaide city center (CBD), it's about 20 mins if you're walking.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Greg_Vaughton, Manager at Majestic Tynte Street Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2012

Dear Jade R

Thank you for taking time to post a review. In addition to walking there is also a bus services every 15 minutes into the city. I am glad you slept well and look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

I was booked into the Majestic Hotel Minima owned by the same company but couldn't get my truck into their parking. They upgraded me to the Tynte St Apartment at no extra cost! It was very clean, quiet, secure and had everything that you would need...even laundry facilities and a kitchen in your room. Close to all sorts of shops and restaurants. Secure parking behind a locked gate. Very close to the CBD.

Room Tip: I was on ground floor. Otherwise stairs to next level. My room faced the street but was very quiet a...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Greg_Vaughton, Manager at Majestic Tynte Street Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2012

Dear Maplegum,

Thank you for the kind review. I am delighted to hear that our team was able to offer you an alternative solution to your accommodation needs. I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed June 15, 2012

I've had numerous good stays at Tynte st and the most recent was no exception. Apartments are ageing but generally well maintained. Hard to beat the location, close to restaurants and the cbd. $$ rate is fair with secure off street parking . Staff have always been great.
Can be NOISY on Friday and Saturday nights so go for the top floor and treat the stairs as exercise!

Room Tip: Go for the top floor as quieter
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded June 23, 2012

Dear unrealmate

Thank you for taking time to post a review of our property. Our location amongst the cosmopolitan cafes, restaurants and shopping of North Adelaide is ideal. Our staff are conveniently available via telephone at any time if there are any concerns with noise. I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

Although I had to lug my back up two flights of stairs and bathroom could do with a quick touch up, I was really pleased with my room, the checkin procedure (although had to then drive to where I was staying), and the facilities. It was a great place to come back to after a day of work, away from home. I was close to breakfast and dinner and thouroughly enjoyed the experience. The noise was basically non-existent, the entire building was clean and was really refreshing...I loved it, have already recommended it to others and will most certainly stay again!

Room Tip: Rooms over looking the courtyard, top level room so not as much foot traffic, be prepared to lug you...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded June 23, 2012

Dear scoopster_75

Thank you for taking time to post a review of our property. You are correct in that our check-in process is through our sister property - The Old lion Apartments - located only minutes away by vehicle. I am pleased you found our apartments clean & comfortable and I agree the location is ideal amongst the cosmopolitan cafes and restaurants of North Adelaide. I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed April 3, 2012

We have used the Tynte Street apartments around 5 or 6 times before. It has always been a clean setting with great position near O'Connell Street. We were disappointed this time as the standards have dropped since previous visits. The maintenance is suffering and thus the quality of the visit. The washing machine was unstable, the security chain broken, light over stove not working, no plug for the kitchenette sink, no Wi-Fi (broadband available at a charge), ironing board broken (replaced by the housekeeper) and only two glasses (of each type) which meant a visitor had to BYO glasses.
No individual item is a major problem but collectively they reinforce the apartments are NOT 4 star! We will think again before choosing this location on our next visit to Adelaide.

Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank petsaloz
Greg_Vaughton, Manager at Majestic Tynte Street Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2012

Dear petsaloz

Thank you for taking time to post a review of our property I am sorry to hear of your disappointment of your recent visit. I have had our maintenance team address all of the issues mentioned by you and currently pleased to inform that we have now upgraded all beds to king size and are painting all apartments. I hope to welcome you back soon and that you get to experience these improvements.

Reviewed March 18, 2012

this hotel whilst having good size room, clean etc gets let down in several areas.
firstly, when you arrive there , say from the airport in a cab, to find you actually have to go into another part of town to book in, was really annoying.secondly, staying on the second floor, and finding no elevator, so having to drag numerous peices of luggage up stairs.
thirdly, really bad sound proofing, anyone outside your room is noisy, doors banging, and under a flight path, where at 6.30 am, every five minutes for an hour a plan goes overhead..not good.
majestic rooftop in frome st, 10/10, majestic tynte st.. 2/10

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank aussieinchina43

Dear aussieinchina43

Thank you for taking time to post a review of our property. Yes there is no reception on site. The booking confirmation tries to be very clear about this however we will look at reviewing this so there is no confusion. Check in is via our sister property Old lion Apartments which is are on Jerningham St (1km away). If you need assistance we do have staff available to via intercom or phone from the Apartments.The issue of the door has been resolved we are glad to say however the flight path is out of our control. And once again thank you for your comments.

Reviewed March 11, 2012

I stayed here with my 3 year old daughter. It was a studio room-comfortable and clean;there was a big gap between the bed and the wall and we could not move the top of the bed against the wall.The room was old but clean and tidy.
We were on the ground floor and every time the main door closed it was loud and disturbing.
The location was good and the parking was at the rear. Lots of restaurants and cafes in the vicinity.We had to collect the keys prior to check in at the Majestic Lion Apts 5-10 min drive away from Tynte Apts.There is not reception on site. All in all a decent play to stay.

Room Tip: REquest a room away from the main door to avoid hearing the loud bang every time it closes
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family

Dear NKRR

Thank you for taking time to post a review of our property. I am glad you found our apartments clean and comfortable. Based on your feedback we have had our maintenance team address the issue of the main door and I look forward to welcoming you back again.