We visited Adelaide in January 2009 to see the Tour Down Under cycling event. We did EXHAUSTIVE research online and settled on the Majestic Rooftop Garden Hotel. We stayed in a Superior Suite (Room 117) for 10 nights and paid $204 a night, which was excellent value. It’s a corner room with a fire exit on one side and, as there are no common walls to other rooms, it makes for a peaceful stay. The street below tended to be a bit noisy at times, but double glazing made a considerable difference.
The Majestic turned out to be a great choice, particularly for its central location near Rundle Street, the cleanliness and size of the apartment, and the standard of the fitout. Lovely bathroom and nice kitchen. The service was very obliging and cheerful. The valet parking for our hire car was worth the $23.50 a day. (It’s worth noting that the other parking provided for $14.50 a day is actually public parking in the street behind the hotel.)
The faults were few and minor: the television was outdated, and the remote control poorly functioning. The couch is a fold-out bed, and was not very comfortable to sit on.
We can highly recommend three nearby restaurants: Café Brunelli, Eros and Amalfi.
In summary, I doubt we could have done better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Majestic Roof Garden Hotel is the award winning four-and-a-half (4.5) star flagship property of Majestic Hotels. Opened in Adelaide in 2004 and awarded the Best Value Hotel in 2009, it has been created with the discerning traveller in mind and despite its upmarket appearance, provides great deals on accommodation. Location is key. This Adelaide hotel is only 50 metres from the ever-vibrant Rundle Street with its huge variety of bars, restaurants and eclectic shopping. Walk 5 minutes to Rundle Mall or 10 minutes to the Art Gallery, Adelaide University and Museum. 20 minutes will find you at the Adelaide Convention Centre, National Wine Museum or Adelaide Zoo. All 120 rooms feature modern bathrooms, king size beds, full mini-bar, 24-hour room service and in-room broadband. Plus all the usual conveniences you would expect from a 4.5 star hotel such as 24-hour reception, security card access, business centre, mini-gymnasium, outstanding in-house restaurant and on-site secure parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Majestic Roof Garden Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Majestic Roof Garden Adelaide
- Hotel Majestic Roof Garden