“Good modern hotel in a great location”

Majestic Roof Garden Hotel
Ranked #2 of 56 Hotels in Adelaide
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Recently had a one night stay here, the room is spacious and has a bath tub and a kind size bed which is very comfortable. The carpet is a little bit stained but that's not a big issue. The location of the hotel is very good right next to Rundle st and close to shopping and restaurants. There is also a Wilson Parking next door if you have a rental car (as it can be extremely difficult to find street parking in Adelaide CBD). We had the buffet breakfast included in the stay but I probably wouldn't pay full price for it for its smaller amount of choices.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Michael C, Manager at Majestic Roof Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Dear jetliuMel,

Thank you for providing feedback on your stay with us. I am glad to read that you had a pleasant experience with us. I certainly appreciate your feedback on our breakfast service and I will ensure they are passed onto our Food & Beverage team for review.

I am also excited to advise that we have recently placed an order to lay new carpet to all rooms of our Hotel and we anticipate this to be finalised in the coming months. I trust that the next time you stay with us that you will find our selected carpet more luxurious and exceed your expectations.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Upon discovering we only had a shower we asked for a room with a tub when we returned from overnight on Kangaroo Island and agreed to pay for the upgrade. This was not granted and we stood for 1/2 hour at the desk until I finally went to the Internet to discover our travel agent had sent them a note making the change. They suddenly discovered this note. The restaurant they recommended were far from the hotel and I would have been embarrassed to have brought a friend to it. Customer service was completely lacking. It has a great location and the rooms are nicely appointed. Breakfast was not included in our rate.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank twotravels

Dear twotravels,

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay with us. I am disappointed to read that our customer service did not meet your expectations and apologise for any inconvenience this has caused. Your comments are certainly out of character for our customer service levels and I will be following this up with our team to ensure we exceed our guest's expectations at every opportunity.

I trust that if you return to Adelaide, you will make contact with me directly so that I can assist with a future reservation.

Reviewed February 26, 2014

Spent two nights at the hotel over a weekend. What a fantastic place. The service was great. The room was clean, tidy and well appointed. We particularly liked the 'South Australian' minibar and the prices for the minibar were also reasonable. It was also quiet - couldn't hear anything from outside and given the time of year it is in Adelaide and all of the activity going on in nearby Rundle Street this was great.

The best thing though is the location. It's festival season in Adelaide and some of the best Fringe Festival venues were a short stroll away allowing us to really enjoy the atmosphere. Also the self parking was easy and cheap and the hotel has free WiFi for guests which is a rarity in Australian hotels.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the street side so that you have a view of the Adelaide Hills.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Michael C, Manager at Majestic Roof Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

Dear AdelaideFamilyTravel,

I am delighted to read that you were able to make the most of what Adelaide has to offer during the Festival period - there is certainly a lot of options! We are privileged to have such a wonderful location in Adelaide with so many options so close to our doorstep. For our guests to be able to walk to most venues is certainly a positive.

I am also pleased to see that you found our Hotel quiet and that you were able to take advantage of our complimentary wi-fi service. Our Hotel has a focus on supporting local businesses and as you mentioned, our mini bar is South Australian themed with so many delicious items to choose from.

We do take this approach to other areas of our Hotel with a focus on South Australian produce in our Breakfast and Dinner services. Hopefully next time you stay with us you will be able to sample these offerings.

Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

We stayed there last night. Can't fault the place. Room was clean and spacious, all the staff were friendly and helpful, even if they were in the elevator they would ask what floor and guide you to your room. The breakfast was plentiful and a good range. Thank you

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Bluebirds72,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your recent stay with us.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

I needed to book a hotel room in Adelaide after disembarking a cruise ship. My first choice was Crown Plaza but after reading recent reviews, I chose the Majestic. I was not disappointed. The staff was very helpful upon my check in around 9 am. After being told it might be several hours until my room was ready, it was ready in less than an hour. The room was exquisite....Contemporary in style yet very comfortable. The bathroom had a full tub, plus shower and was modern and fully stocked. Also, free wifi was always available and the location was perfect. This hotel has many extras....fitness room, luxurious rooftop bar, etc...but also has all of the basics: nice spacious rooms, courteous staff, and room service, which was prompt and delicious.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Dear Ghettocowboy,

First of all, thank you for taking the time to provide such wonderful feedback. I am always excited to see such positive comments, especially when our guests highlight the efforts of our front line team. We do take pride in our customer service and I will be sure to share your comments with our team.

It is certainly great to read that you found our Hotel to be above your expectations and I thank you for chosing to stay with us. An important note to add is that we are currently undertaking a small refurbishment which we anticipate will only enhance our customer experiences with us.

Hopefully you will return soon so you can experience our exciting changes.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

We had an Executive King Deluxe Room with an additional put-you-up bed in it for our adult son. The room was fine in size, the beds very comfortable, bedding lovely and the bathroom was very well appointed with the comfiest bath of our whole trip. There were screens to the side of the bath so I guess you could lie in the tub and watch TV if you wanted too! We also thought the price we paid was very reasonable.

Although we were only there one night, it also appeared that the hotel was very well situated for shopping and buying provisions and was close to nice cafes and eateries in Rundle Street. We arrived with a hire car, parking was easy in the multi-storey behind the hotel and cost AUS$18 for a 24 hour period and was added to our bill.

The only reason this revue isn't 5 stars is that unlike the majority of reviewers we didn't find the staff overly helpful which was a surprise as they'd been very helpful on the telephone earlier in the booking procedure. There was a query on the cost of the room as the email confirmation we'd received didn't show the charge for the extra person; we were happy to pay the small difference but would have liked a less dismissive and friendlier explanation. We were a little early but weren't offered secure storage for our luggage despite asking (we were told to leave our bags by the sofas near reception) but the next guests who arrived were offered secure storage without asking! Just all seemed a bit inconsistent. If i was to visit Adelaide again I think I'd give it another try as the rooms were so nice, location good and other reviewers seem to have had more positive experiences with the staff.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank vwhappiness

Dear vwhappiness,

Please accept my apologies for our customer service not meeting your expectations. I am surprised to read these comments and disappointed to hear our staff did not offer this basic service to you. I follow this up directly with our Front Office Manager to ensure we can improve upon this area in the future.

If you do return to Adelaide in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly so that I can personally ensure your stay is memorable. Thank you for your feedback and I do hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

Situated in a great location within easy walking distance of the best Adelaide has to offer this hotel was an excellent base. The rooms were everything you would expect and the service couldn't be faulted. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Dear James F,

I am delighted to read your positive review of our Hotel and I am pleased that we were able to exceed your expectations.

I hope to welcome you back again in the near future.