We recently stayed at this hotel for 4 nights and loved it! We stayed in a standard King Room, for a great price compared to other city hotels and having stayed in a lot of different hotels, this was by far one of my favourite rooms. It was a great sized room, plenty of space to move about and store our suitcase without tripping over it. The bathroom was big and the shower was heaven, although there was no recess and we did have a minor flood each time we showered. A tip- point the shower head towards the wall to avoid flooding!! The only other downside to the bathroom, was not having a vanity to put toiletries on. There was a small shelf above the sink, but this didn't hold too much. We were visiting during the intense heatwave and the air conditioner was a life saver- was such relief to have some respite from the heat in our lovely room. A decent size TV in the room. We stayed in room 110, which was right next to the lifts and across from the guest laundry, so we did hear some people traffic at times, but not enough to be annoying.
In terms of location, I doubt there is a better place to stay to explore downtown Adelaide. The hotel is located about 50m from Rundle Street, with plenty of restaurants, cafes and pubs to check out. About a 5 mins walk gets you to Rundle Mall, the main shopping precinct, where you'll find Woolworths and Coles supermarkets. A short walk around the corner to Grenfell street, will bring you to the bus stop where you can hop on the free 99C city bus. This is a great way to get around and get your bearings.
We loved our stay here and would definitely stay again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Majestic Roof Garden Hotel is the award winning four-and-a-half (4.5) star flagship property of Majestic Hotels. Opened in Adelaide in 2004 and awarded the Best Value Hotel in 2009, it has been created with the discerning traveller in mind and despite its upmarket appearance, provides great deals on accommodation. Location is key. This Adelaide hotel is only 50 metres from the ever-vibrant Rundle Street with its huge variety of bars, restaurants and eclectic shopping. Walk 5 minutes to Rundle Mall or 10 minutes to the Art Gallery, Adelaide University and Museum. 20 minutes will find you at the Adelaide Convention Centre, National Wine Museum or Adelaide Zoo. All 120 rooms feature modern bathrooms, king size beds, full mini-bar, 24-hour room service and in-room broadband. Plus all the usual conveniences you would expect from a 4.5 star hotel such as 24-hour reception, security card access, business centre, mini-gymnasium, outstanding in-house restaurant and on-site secure parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Expedia, Cancelon, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Majestic Roof Garden Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Majestic Roof Garden Adelaide
- Hotel Majestic Roof Garden