“fabulous”

Ranked #2 of 57 Hotels in Adelaide
hampshire
“fabulous”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

This hotel was situated perfectly for our stay. Its central location gave us easy access to the shops and public transport system. On arrival we found a complimentary bottle of local wine and snacks. The bedroom was spotless and a great size.The bathroom was beautiful and very plush. The reception staff were efficient and very helpful and free wifi in our room was useful. If I had to make one criticism it would be that the restaurant area was small and felt more like a cafeteria and therefore we ate out every evening. Breakfast was good and a wide range of foods were offered. The roof garden had great views. Overall I would say this hotel was great and I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank klaw3

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
  • Turkish first
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

I got a lovely rate of $150.00 per night at this hotel for a recent convention and I was very happy with the room (which I admit did face the carpark). But as I was only sleeping there...you could ask for a front street facing room. Location is terrific on the East End so lots of shopping in trendy nearby Rundle Street (NOT the commercial Mall) and lots of cheap eatery, along Rundle, and East Terrace. And it is still within walking distance of Rundle Mall and the main drag. The rooms were large, very clean, tv worked well, and the shower was the best I've had in a long time. We had breakfast in the lounge again a group rate of $15.00 per day and it was adequate although the service was slow and food needed replenishing a bit more frequently so that we could have a good choice. I loved the hotel and will happily stay there again.

Room Tip: If you want a little more light and balcony ask for a room with balcony facing the front street (Fro...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Christine F
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

I have been here before but never stayed. Room was clean and inviting was very comfortable and the view was great.highly recommend to anyone will gladly return. Also late check out is great. Only downside is extensive valet parking.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

I am a tough critic as I usually arrive at hotels late at night and exhausted. This was no exception and the usual hotel I stay in in Adelaide was booked out so my expectations were low. However, I now have a new place to stay in Adelaide! Rooms were spacious and really well equipped, mini bar was awesome! So nice to see some different ( and local) snacks. Free Wifi was a bonus , although connectivity wasn't great in my room.
Fabulous place to stay for business, highly recommended

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

Have stayed in ths hotel twice over the years on business trips and find it quite nicely located for what I have to do. The rooms have a very nice layout with. Japanese style open shutter windows to the rest of the room and very well appointed. The gym and rooftop garden are also quite nice. The reception staff have always been quite helpful and I really have never had any dramas or anything other that a perfectly pleasant stay.
Haven't really been to many other hotels in Adelaide, and this one was really very enjoyable and nice. Recommended.

Room Tip: Higher up rooms have a nicer view. Guess that's rather obvious, but Adelaide views can be very n...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Batu Ferringhi, Malaysia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

Spent two nights here in October. Check in was too slow as the room I had been allocated wasn't ready & they had to swap rooms. The rooms were very clean. I could not believe that this hotel would only supply 4 tiny 15ml UHT milks for tea & coffee. That is skimping to the ridiculous as you need at least two of these for a mug of coffee. However they did have free Wi-Fi but I was unable to send emails until I used my own dongle. There was too much light in the room after dark with light coming in under the curtains. When I went to pay on checkout I was told that there would be a 1.5% surcharge if I used my credit card which is an absolute overcharge considering that in my business I only pay 0.9% for credit card use. I would have thought that the cost of credit card use should be built into the room rate which was in excess of $200 per night. Overall very disappointed with my stay as I thought this hotel would be better.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Martin S
Baton Rouge
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

I was on business in Adelaide and stayed there 15 nights. I was very satisfied with the hotel. I did have a problem concerning the reservation before arrival, but it was the hotel's fault and it more than compensated me. In two weeks time, you have an opportunity to see the best and the worst. I was disappointed only in a few very minor issues: the bathroom soaps are a bit cheap. Also the television channels do not have channel numbers on the screen so it is really difficult to find the channel you want. This is not a local cable issue because the tv set in the gym had numbers on the screen. Finally, the electronic room keys are a bit stubborn. (They should work on the sensors.) The staff is very friendly and helpful. The restaurant is expensive and I avoided it, mainly because if you step outside, you are drowning in restaurants covering all types and price ranges. If you have business downtown, this is a great place to stay. It's also one of the few nice hotels in town that does not charge extra for wifi. It's also one of the most stocked minibars you'll ever see but of course, ridiculously overpriced.

All in all, one of my better hotel experiences.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business