We stayed here twice in April, for one night in an Executive room before a trip to Kangaroo Island, and for three nights afterwards in a Spa Suite. The location is very good since it's in the centre of town close to Rundle Mall and the Museums, Arts Centre and Art Galleries of Northern Terrace, and its close to a large number of cafes and restaurants, particularly in Rundle St. Several main shopping areas are also close by. There is free WiFi in both the rooms and public areas, which worked well, and the option of Valet parking in the hotel, or self parking at the car park just across the road for slightly less (much less than the normal car park charges!) The hotel is modern (less than 10 years old) and it feels new, the beds were very comfortable, and the staff were very helpful and friendly.
The executive room was large and clean, and very comfortable, and the bathroom had toilet, wash basin, and separate shower, and a Spa bath between the bathroom and bedroom, but which could be closed off by shutters for privacy. But the room was at the back of the hotel so it looked out onto the Multi-Storey car park mentioned above. Not very pleasant, but it didn't bother us - what does it matter and this is a city centre hotel after all!
For our second stay, the Spa Suite was enormous with a separate kitchen area and large sitting room completely separated from the bedroom and bathroom by double doors. TVs in both sitting room and bedroom. This room was at the front corner so the view was better, with a private open balcony.
We didn't experience any noise problem in either room.
This would be our first choice to stay next time we are in Adelaide.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Majestic Roof Garden Hotel is the award winning four-and-a-half (4.5) star flagship property of Majestic Hotels. Opened in Adelaide in 2004 and awarded the Best Value Hotel in 2009, it has been created with the discerning traveller in mind and despite its upmarket appearance, provides great deals on accommodation. Location is key. This Adelaide hotel is only 50 metres from the ever-vibrant Rundle Street with its huge variety of bars, restaurants and eclectic shopping. Walk 5 minutes to Rundle Mall or 10 minutes to the Art Gallery, Adelaide University and Museum. 20 minutes will find you at the Adelaide Convention Centre, National Wine Museum or Adelaide Zoo. All 120 rooms feature modern bathrooms, king size beds, full mini-bar, 24-hour room service and in-room broadband. Plus all the usual conveniences you would expect from a 4.5 star hotel such as 24-hour reception, security card access, business centre, mini-gymnasium, outstanding in-house restaurant and on-site secure parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Majestic Roof Garden Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Majestic Roof Garden Adelaide
- Hotel Majestic Roof Garden