“Excellent location, friendly service”

Majestic Roof Garden Hotel
Ranked #2 of 57 Hotels in Adelaide
BUNBURY
“Excellent location, friendly service”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

We stayed two nights during Easter and wished we could have stayed longer. We received a warm, friendly greeting from two happy young reception staff as soon as we entered the hotel. They were knowledgeable, explained all the features and were pleasant and helpful throughout our stay. Our room was excellent - quiet, well serviced, modern and clean. The restaurant was closed for one evening while we were there but we enjoyed a beautiful meal with good selection of food and drinks on the other night when we dined there. Located near the main shopping street in Adelaide (Rundle Mall), we found it well located. We have no complaints and can recommend it to anyone for either pleasure or business.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Michael C, Manager at Majestic Roof Garden Hotel, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear DAVID H,

I am delighted to read that you had such an enjoyable experience during your recent stay with us and that we were able to exceed your expectations. I am glad that you were able to dine with us and I trust that you enjoyed your meal in Culshaw’s Restaurant.

I hope that we can welcome you back in the future.

Michael Collis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
  • Turkish first
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We arrived on the night the Fringe started. Whilst the staff on the front desk were very pleasant they stayed behind the counter so there was no help in unloading the car. Our room seemed fine but because of the Fringe the hotel dining room was fully booked and it took some time before we could find table in a restaurant. The next day we noticed problems with the electric sockets and couldn't make tea or use the hair drier. when we reported this to reception we were sent back to our room to "inserl the key card fully into the electric master slot". This didn't work so we went back to reception where after a debate it was decided that perhaps a fuse had gone and this would be looked at by a member of staff. Having wasted some of our limited time in Adelaide on this we went out only to find on return that there was a fault and we would have to move rooms. Having gone to do this I couldn't get into our old room to transfer our luggage as the key had been cancelled. Finally one of the staff came out from behind the counter to help. Worst service we experienced in a month touring Australia.

Room Tip: Although in the centre of activity, rooms on the street and rear are quiet. Ask staff to help unlo...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ken P
Dear Ken P,

I am terribly sorry to read of this poor experience during your stay with us and I apologise for the poor service you encountered. I will certainly be reviewing your feedback with our Front Office Manager to ensure our performance improves.

Should you be returning to Adelaide in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly so that I can personally ensure your expectations are exceeded.

michael@majestichotels.com.au
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Spent 3 nights here before Ghan trip. Good location, right near Rundle street and a block from the Mall. Many restaurants in surrounding streets. We had an executive room at rear of hotel, looking at multi-storey car park. But if you are at the front of the hotel, it faces another car park, so not much difference. The room had a balcony with sliding window and fly screen, so we could have fresh air, which was nice. When you closed the window and the balcony sliding door, it made for a very effective sound barrier, making the room very quiet at night. A pleasant surprise was a decent size bar fridge, not crammed full of bottles, plenty of room for our own cold stuff. One thing to note, the hotel advertises its roof garden but we found nothing up there but some tables and chairs (and a view) but the adjacent rooms are used for conferences and functions, so these were in continual use while we were there, making it difficult to use.
We did not eat in downstairs restaurant for breakfast, so many other places around to choose from. Directly opposite hotel is Ebenezer Place (down side of carpark), this leads into a new development of the old Eastern Market. It has a lot of trendy shops and cafes, we can recommend Nano's, for good breakfast and coffee.

Room Tip: Both sides of hotel face multi-storey car parks, the higher floors may have some views but the top...
Dear killara23,

Thank you for your recent review of our Hotel. I trust you enjoyed your Ghan trip and I am glad to see that overall you had a pleasant stay with us. As we are a City Hotel, unfortunately we do have limited views across the surrounding buildings however we do believe our great location compensates for this. I would recommend that if you chose to stay with us again, you request a higher floor as they do have some views of the Adelaide Hills.

We will be making some significant improvements to our signature Roof Garden this year and I am confident that should you return to us, you will enjoy this area and all it will have to offer.

Again, thank you for your feedback and I hope to welcome you back soon.

east anglia
Reviewed March 28, 2013

This is an excellent central hotel for visiting Adelaide. The rooms are very large and clean all the normal facilities were available. The friendly and accommodating staff looked after our luggage while we took trips to Uluru and Kangaroo Island.
The location is great for Adelaide as it is in the middle of all the shops and restaurants, could not ask more
We never tried the restuarant but it looked very interesting.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Michael C, Manager at Majestic Roof Garden Hotel, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear exfarmersteve,

Thank you for your positive review of our Hotel. I am always pleased to read that we have been able to provide a positive experience for our many guests and provide them with a central location to enjoy the sights of Adelaide or South Australia.

I hope you enjoyed Kangaroo Island and Uluru as much as you enjoyed Adelaide and I hope that next time you stay with us you are able to enjoy our unique dining experience in Culshaw's Restaurant.

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed March 26, 2013

This hotel is without doubt one of the finest I've ever stayed in. Firstly the location is perfect. There are so many terrific restaurants and shops literally just around the corner, and the city centre is only a short 5-10 minute walk. From the moment I arrived the staff were friendly, enthusiastic and helpful. They were more than happy to offer advise on activities and willfully book them on your behalf. The rooms were spacious and presented in immaculate condition. The bonus of free internet was very welcome, with speeds more than capable for browsing and streaming videos. I thoroughly enjoyed my short stay here, and shall be recommending it to anyone who decides to visit Adelaide in the future.

Dear ramlux84,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your positive feedback about your recent stay with us. I am excited to read that we were able to provide you with such a positive experience and that our staff and facilities were above your expectations. Your feedback is appreciated and I will be sure to share this with our team.

I hope to welcome you back soon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Spent two nights here, separated by a trip to Kangaroo Island, and was impressed by the professionalism, friendliness and helpfulness of the staff - both front desk and restaurant. They happily stored our luggage in-between, and arranged for it to be waiting in our room on return, and they offered great advice and went to the trouble of printing out directions and maps without even being asked. The rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable. Perhaps look a little on the tired side and the aircon was the noisiest I've ever heard, but ruthlessly efficient! Great breakfast, and dinner at the restaurant was also superb, though I should have kept to 2 courses - the portions are huge!

Room Tip: Most rooms don't have baths - specify if you'd like on (may cost more - not sure)
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear underw00d,

Thank you for your positive review of our Hotel. I appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback and I am pleased to read that you found our team members to be professional and helpful and that they were able to assist you during your stay.

I do take your comments regarding our rooms on board and will certainly consider this for upcoming projects. I also apologise for any inconvenience the air conditioning unit caused during your stay.

And finally, I am delighted that you had a positive dining experience for breakfast and dinner as we have recently made some significant enhancements to this aspect of our product. Our team have worked tirelessly to enhance our menus and offerings and I trust that next time you stay, you will notice some further improvements.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I tried this hotel based on the reviews on Tripadviser and wasn't disappointed.

The room was spacious, the bed was comfortable and all the amenities are there. The hotel is well-located, a short walk from the centre of the city and the east end restaurants.

My only (minor) gripe was the speed of the free internet which is described in the room as "high speed broadband". It was fast enough for email and basic functions but slow to download business files with graphics. (Speed was 1.5 Mbps down and 0.27 up.)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear AussieStrategist,

Thank you for providing such wonderful feedback on our Hotel. It is pleasing to read that your stay with us lived up to your fellow traveller's feedback and exceeded your expectations in the process.

I have taken note on your feedback regarding the internet and will have our team review the speeds to ensure it is up to our customer's expectations.

We certainly hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.